Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS..WEEK OF APRIL16

It is afternoon already. I ran to Jill to look for a sweater to use to cover my maxi dress tomorrow. It is a very deep blue with tiny white flowers at the top and bottom. They had a lightweight jacket that matched perfectly. I abslutelt love the dress. 

It it is to be cool and rainy tomorrow so I do not think I will wear sandals. I brought back what I thought was a pair of fisherman sandals but when I looked I had 2 different shoes . 😱Lol. I have several choices here.

Sydnie is going to work with a professional tap dancer who judges at some of the competitions. He told m she is very talented but needs to get the showmanship part. So he will work with on some technicl moves and her showmanship. It is very difficult to get in with him

Linda...my 2 biological kids were very similar in gifts and talents and temperament. V3 is mich more outgoing than Amie was. Glad the grands have summer school lined up. Sorry dh was sleepy yesterday. My hairdresser is so busy I book my next appointment when I see her.

Claudia..yikes on the pill spill. I have done that a few times...actually more than a few times. Pepper had a little barking fit this morning when she heard the kids next door screaming. I couldn't stop that but we did stop the barking.

have a good day. 

Respected Contributor

I hope you were able to get your hair cut today. Mine is usually spur of the moment. However I just found that salon closed so I will have to look around. It's good of you to set aside funds for the summer school courses.

Too bad your DH was so tired yesterday. I hope today is better for him.

Barbara, that's great news about Sydnie working with a professional tap dancer. Smh on the two different shoes. It sounds like something I would do. At least you had some other choices at home. Finding a jacket that perfectly matched your dress is quite a find.

I'm sure tomorrow will be a difficult day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I'm sure you looked lovely and sang beautifully at the service, Barbara.  Dad day, but at least you gave her a good one-off   Hope V is doing okay, and M is better.  Glad you had other shows to wear.  Nice that Sydnie will have such a good dance teacher.

Hope your  day is going okay, Claudia.

I went to the gym in the morning, and then to my caregivers group.  We had a new last whose husband had had Alzheimer's for 8 years.  She has so many problems,  I feel sorry for her.  Also for a couple other ladies.  Wonderful, supportive group.

DH is sleepy again.  Expect the hospice nurse latee.

I could not get my hair cut yesterday, so I'm hoping for tomorrow.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, you and family have gotten through the day and given her a good sendoff. It's a step at a time.

Linda, I'm glad you have such a supportive group. Hope DH is doing well today.

As we started our trip to the VA, I stopped at McDonald's for coffee for R and a breakfast muffin for me. As I was passing the coffee to R I lost my grip. Hot coffee over the gear shift and cup holders. Luckily it missed R as I shrieked "move, move, move" and he had the good sense to do what I said. I stopped at a nearby grocery for paper towels to mop up. Note to self: keep a roll of paper towels in the car.

His counselor put in his records that he was exposed to the Camp LeJeune water. His gp didn't think it necessary but the counselor agreed with R that it should be put in the records. He now has an appointment next week to get his diabetic shoes replaced.

What is worrying is the cough he still has. The GPS told him to take an antihistamine but it only helps slightly. He will cough so hard he throws up. Plus if he presses on the jaw below where it is permanently wired it will start a coughing jag. On the way home he had to pull over and have me drive.

Tomorrow I need to pick up TT's medicine at the vet. Today they were only open half a day. I also want to schedule an ear check for him. Hopefully they can get him in Saturday when the daughter is there. The mother works Friday's. Last time she ordered a repeat of the original treatment. It was worth a try but I don't think it cleared the problem up permanently.

I wore the Linea black floral boho and matching top today. As we got to Cracker Barrel it started pouring so we hurried inside.

Respected Contributor

Good morning 😃 I had no time to post yesterday.  The service was beautiful. I almost lost it once while I was singing because I glanced at the congregation and many were crying. I took a big breath and refocused on the exit sign. When I sing at funerals, I always look at something other than the people there. My bil tried to pay me...I just looked at him and declined. I would never accept money for a family member.

amie and Vyrn came back home and stayed for a while. My oldest niece, who has lost about 130 pounds stopped by too. She has changed so much that I did not recognize her. 

M backed into the mountaineer that was sitting at the end of the driveway Thursday night. She damaged both bumpers..yikes. 

My btother in laws brothers wife asked me who the beautiful young girl was and  replied that it was Sydnie. She went on and on about how gorgeous she was. 

Linda..hope dh has a better day. It is so good that you have that caregivers group. Alzheimer's is such a devastating disease. I was thinking of you when the wonderful,young minister talked about it. ((Hugs)))

Respected Contributor

I hit post too soon.

Claudia, sorry R is having such an awful time.its too bad they would not give him a cough suppressant. Yikes about the coffee spill. 

Hope he feels better soon.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure you did a wonderful job at the funeral, Barbara.  I was thinking about how you would be able to sing and not get choked up, but then I remembered speaking at my MIL's funeral, and realized that if I could do it, so could you.  I tried not to look at anyone for fear I would crack, and it was extremely awkward since by then my ex and i were separated, and he was there with his second wife to be.  I'm glad everyone appreciated your singing, and I am sure that your SIL was looking down and smiling from heaven.  Nice comment about Syd.  She always looks so pretty in her FB pictures.  Was that your Mountaineer that M backed into?  Yikes!

Hope R is better today, Claudia, and you were able to get TT's medicine.  I really wish they would give R something to help with that horrible cough.  

I found a sofa bed at an estate sale nearby, and someone is supposed to bring it by tomorrow.  It looks great, and I'm hoping for the best.  The price was good as well.  But, it was a pretty crazy time -- I went to the sale on my walk, and didn't have the money, etc.  Fortunately, they were understanding, and I went back with the car to pay.  Also had my hair cut, and it turned out to be my stylist's birthday.  I gave her a little extra tip to celebrate.  When I went to visit DH, the caregiver told me he would need bed baths from now on.  I contacted the nurse, and she said that they will give him a shower once a month and bed baths the other times.  Although it is possible to give him a shower using the lift and shower chair, it is not easy, and makes him anxious.  Not good news, but at least DH continues to smile.  

Need to get some things done before I go back to feed him dinner.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am glad you were able to refocus, Barbara. I am afraid I would be too emotional. Too bad about M and the backing up. That happened to me once. It's good Amie and V3 could stay for a bit. Sydnie is a lovely girl.

Today was errands. I managed to schedule TT for Tuesday. I picked up his refills this morning. Meanwhile I'm wiping the ear with some cider vinegar. Also trying to persuade R to see the doctor.

Linda, what an awkward situation at your mil's funeral but you managed to get through it. The sofa bed is a great find. Usually estate sale items are in excellent condition.

It's not good news for DH but it sounds like bed baths are the safest route to go. Anything that makes him less anxious is good. Such an awful disease.

This morning while I was getting ready there were a grand total of 5 cats in the bathroom including the 22 pounder. The 3 youngest were waiting for me to turn the water on so they could drink and splash it around. From the way they act you would think that was the only available water.

The large replacement cat tree/scratching post arrived. I think the best thing is to assemble it upstairs. I have to say it's a bit bigger than I anticipated. I may need to rearrange a few things.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...my diamond ring was finally fixed so I went you pick it up. It looks brand new.😍 It will be a warmer day..high in the 60s. I bought an area rug for the sun room so want to get that done today. 

Sydnie has been at dance all morning., I have 20   Dollars in kohls cash so want to take her to find a couple of tops for summer. She needs new clothes. 

Linda, I hope the sofa bed works out. Glad you found one at a reasonable price.sorry that dh can only get bed baths...it is a horrible disease.. I read on the other thread your concern about your trip to Maryland. He is in good hands and you should go and enjoy yourself. 

Claudia..I cannot envision a 22pound cat. Lol  v almost fell getting out of his chair.,his balance is terrible. I told him he should keep his cane close to him.

i hope you both have a good day. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon.  Hope you find some nice things for Syd at Kohl's, Barbara.  DD ordered a new dress and cardigan from Amazon for DGD to wear to her swearing in party for the honor society.  Or, it might be a party at the Dean's house -- I can't remember.  Despite her age, DGD grew a little taller since last summer, so DD already purchased some new clothes for her.  I think she probably has finished growing now. I'm already feeling vertically challenged.

Sorry about V's balance problems, Barbara.  I'm working on improving my balance, and I think that I have made a little progress.  For sure, I get up slowly and I'm careful when I walk.  The sofa should be delivered sometime between 1:00  and 4:00.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it fits.  Hopefully, okay, but.... I know DH is in good hands, but I still am a bit anxious about going on the trip.  Definitely need to see DD and family in person.  

That is quite a big cat, Claudia.  Sounds like a crowded bathroom there.  Hope you got the  cat tree/scratching post put together, and R is listening to you about going to the doctor.  

I need to get ready to visit DH now.  Laundry is started, and I am gathering stuff for my weekly financial review.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda