Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Thanksgiving week

Linda, I'm glad your procedure went well and your back is not too bad. I can imagine you will miss your long walks. Lol about the stomach growling. My partner at work was well known for that occurring in staff meetings. Take it easy. I hope DD and family had a good Thanksgiving.

R called this afternoon. He said they are late last night and he had problems with reflux. I wish he had taken some food he could fix early in the evening but I was lucky to convince him to take 2 energy bars. He woke up with a lot of back pain too. Since there's no electricity at camp he couldn't take his c-pap machine either.

Barbara, I'm glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving but am sorry you aren't feeling well. Roasting the turkey upside down is new to me. I'll have to try it if we ever get a turkey.

Tippy turned a year old today. R had me hold the phone to her want while he spoke to her. She was absolutely horrified and lept away from the phone.

Adam called last night and things are going well for him. Not so well for our former sil. He was to have the boys for Thanksgiving but Whitney refused saying it needed to be reapproved. Of course being a holiday he couldn't get hold of his attorney. I hate the effect this has on the boys. Changing schools often doesn't help either and Whitney and bf seem to move every few months.

I got a few Christmas items out of the attic and the fall items ready to go back to the attic. I also brought the computer and printer boxes down for recycling. I can't see keeping them and they were taking up a lot of space. Maybe one of these days the attic will be organized vs. Adam just shoving things up there.The Christmas ornaments will be the toughest to sort through as he didn't put them where they belonged. Silly me. I thought since he always enjoyed Christmas so much he'd organize things. My various aches and pains are better today but I didn't get as much done as I hoped. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a good evening and restful.night.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is still cool but sunny. My kids in Mn and n Dakota are trying to get home today but no travel is recommended for them . They are both good winter drivers.

i am having trouble moving..I was told this could happen 6 to 8 weeks befor the infusion. I took m and syd out but I sat in the car..which was fine. Sydnie hates shopping..lol.

Linda, I imagine being restricted is difficult for you because you are so active.enjoyyou shopping. And you serve to be good to yourself. I am glad dgd got a diagnosis.

Claudia...happy birthday tonTippy...hope r makes it through hunting camp.  It sounds as if Whit is being very nasty to uir sil..that may come back to bite her. Good luck with reorganizing.

have a good rest of your day.😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry R had some pain, Claudia.  I was watching the TSV presentation and wondered if it might be something he could use on his hunting trips.  Sort of kicking myself for forgetting I had one when my car battery died.  Oh well.....

Belated Happy Birthday to Tippy.  Sorry to hear how things are going with Whit, your ex SIL, and the boys.  I didn't realize they were moving often -- not good for the boys having to change schools, etc.  I sympathize with you who can't do anything about it but worry.  Hugs.

Sounds like DD and family had a very nice Thanksgiving.  DD and DGD bought some board games yesterday, and the family was playing them.  It has been a long time since I played board games, but I would like to play Monopoly again someday.  

Sunny and cool here as well, Barbara.  Sorry you are having trouble moving.  Predicted or not, it isn't fun to have so much pain.   I used to roast chickens upside down, and even had an insert for my roasting pan that I used to do so.  Don't think I tried it with turkey, but I'm sure it was good.

As you probably read on the other thread, my hospice patient's son didn't want me to visit today, which was okay with me.  I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  Although I am not in pain, I can tell that something has gone on with my leg.  Wearing the Spanx-like undergarment is not fun.  And, I do miss my much more active lifestyle, but hopefully all will be fine in 10 days or so.  My doctor called this afternoon to see how I was doing -- I thought that was very nice.  I continue to be impressed by him.  I still haven't heard from the other doctor who I saw in July and September.  I will be interested to see if they ever call me.  Yikes!  

Taking things slow today -- maybe this is a good thing for a change.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope your kids make it home ok. I always worry, Barbara. We're supposed to get an ice storm tomorrow into Monday. We may just be on the fringes of it. That's my hope at least.

Sorry you're having difficulty moving. Having to limit your activities is difficult plus dealing with pain on top of it.

I worked briefly in the attic and filled up a trash bag and brought empty boxes down. Briefly because I don't trust Miss Tipperary. She keeps trying to chew the loveseat cover. I just remembered I need to put the wash in the dryer. I'm easily distracted these days.

Had a call from Whitney a bit ago. That's usually at least mildly stomach churning. I don't say much because she's on speakerphone driving with the boys in the car.  Both she and former sil are at fault. I certainly don't think he's perfect but she changes her stories and let's it all out in front of the boys. I guess it's a good thing were not close by and in the middle of it.

No sighting of Merry upstairs today. My hopes are dimming on Tuesday's vet trip. Darn cat can read my mind. Oh to be 20 years younger and able to crawl under the bed. I'm sure that's where she is. She and her brother Pippen are the least sociable cats.

Linda, I'm glad you were able to get out to the grocery. What a great doctor to call and check up on you. You seldom find that these days. That's quite a comparison with the other doctor.

Tomorrow I hope to get back up to the attic and go through the tree ornaments. Keep some and donate the others. There doesn't seem to be any leaks from the roof. Crossing my fingers that that issue is solved for now.