Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Thanksgiving week

Linda, I recall Fran saying she was told to alternate heat and ice.

That undercooked turkey was thrown out. Bil (now former bil) works at the state police crime lab and was very up to date on good spoilage so into the garbage it went even though mother wanted to try to salvage some.

I was just upstairs changing cat litter. Merry has disappeared again. She's taking no chances it seems.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..m and syd are on their way. Our driver picked them up quite early because of the bad weather. Hope Pepper is doing ok.

Poor m had her car die at dance last night. So she got a ride home from a friend and then had to wait until 3 am for aaa to get there to jump it. She took an Uber back over. She said she is very 😴 last. This is tye 2 Nd time it has happened. She took her car in and was told there was nothing wrong..I think she will be in the market for a new battery.

i

i am set for dinner tomorrow...all if the prep stuff is done,

Linda..hope your pain is better. Have you considered another opinion???hope your meal service goes well today.

Claudia..from the maps insaw, it looks like you will get some snow. Hope you get your kitties corralled.

enjoy the day.🦃🦃⛈

Esteemed Contributor

Poor M.  I hope all she needs is a new battery, and she can get that soon.  Glad she, Syd, and Pepper are on their way, and you are finished with the prep.   I have had this pain for more than 20 years -- it comes and goes.  Sometimes only once a year or less.  So, I have had multiple doctors and tests.  Maybe they will figure it out someday, but.....  

Thanks for the suggestion about heat and ice, Claudia.  I put my ice pack (designed to wear around the back) in the freezer, and  put it on this morning.  It was not good, unfortunately.  I think I should have done it right after I had the heating pad on.  Fortunately, I'm not hurting now.  I found that lying on the floor (carpet) for a while helps as well.  I know, sounds crazy.

As you may read on the other thread, the  lunch went great.  I'm very glad that I was there.  The foodbank guys were very nice and funny when I dropped off the potatoes.  Really a nice day so far.

The weather isn't nice at all -- no rain on my walk, but very cool and cloudy, and there have been a few sprinkles this afternoon.  Sounds like the weather on Friday will be particularly nasty.  My heat even came on this morning, and I may turn it up later.  I'm bundled up, but my fingers are cold.  What a weather wimp.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I cannot stand my fingers and nose feeling cold, Linda. At that point the heat gets turned up. I'm glad lunch was great.

Barbara, I hope M, Sydnie, and Pepper have arrived by now. How frustrating to have the car not start. I hope it's not the battery.

I did as many errands as I could this morning. We did have some wind and rain. It was windy enough to blow the trash cans over. One more thing for Griffyn to bark at. I've heard we could get up to 5" of snow. I hope not.

After pt we had an early supper at Plaza and brought home pie for tomorrow (Graham crackers cream and Banana cream with real meringue). No pumpkin pie here.

There were more errands than usual since I won't have the car for a few days. I saw Merry the cat on a dresser this morning. As soon as I spoke she looked at me and took off. This doesn't seem promising for Tuesday's vet trip.

I hope to get some cleaning and decorating done over the next several days. All I need is a boost of energy. I had my last pt today and am sore. I was so busy with errands I forgot to take any Bayer back & body before pt.

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving. I just put the turkey in the oven  v is going to peel the potatoes for me

m an Syd and pepper arrived safely, only 15 minutes laye. M got very little sleep so she went to bed at 4 and got up this morning at 8. We took Syd out for dinner..she was very entertaining. 

Linda, you vegetable dishes sound yummy.

Claudia..hope you are not having bad weather.

Blessings to all of our posters and reader.🦃🦃💜💜🙏🙏

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving!  Glad M got some much needed rest, and you and V enjoyed Syd at dinner.  I'm sure your dinner will be delicious.

The church lunch was nice -- sat with two couples, both from Michigan.  Nice people.  My vegetables came off well, but I didn't have enough room for the roasted peppers, zucchini, etc.   I just added them to other vegetables I have for other meals.  

It was quite warm at the start of the meal, but they turned on the AC, and then it was a bit cool.  It is cool at home.  

DD said their dinner was good, and she and DGD were out picking up some more Christmas decorations at Wal Mart.  I didn't realize that they would be open.  Anyway, they have removed their Fall decorations and are decorating for Christmas.  I may start doing that myself later in the day since I am not supposed to be doing any heavy lifting after my procedure tomorrow.  I plan to go to the gym in a little while.

Good idea to stock up a little since you won't have a car for a while, Claudia.  A lot of people out here have a car and a golf cart so couples can go two different places if they want.  I know that wouldn't work in your area due to the weather.  DH and I had one car before we moved here full-time, and I remember doing a lot of carpooling.

Hope your duck was/is good, and you are enjoying the pies and other parts of your meal.  I love pumpkin -- guess you don't share that preference?  The pies you are having sound nice.

DGD went to a pulmonologist yesterday, and found she has Chondrits disorder.  He prescribed an NSAID and told her to keep her neck covered when she goes out in the cold.  I'm very pleased they figured out what is wrong.  She still hasn't heard about her special hearing tests, so DGD told them to send the results to her other doctor.  This has taken way too long.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad M had a chance to catch up on her sleep and you, V, and Sydnie had a nice dinner, Barbara. R did mashed potatoes to go with the roast duck.

Good idea, Linda to do a bit of decorating now before tomorrow's procedure.  I hope your DGD hears soon about the hearing test results. Unbelievable that it is taking so long.

R is off to hunting camp. Every year he forgets something. I wonder what it will be this year.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we had a great thanksgiving. Went to our friends in the morning for mimosas..and they came over about 3. I must say dinner was very good..the turkey was perfect.. my friend suggested roaring it upside down and I think it made it livery moist.

we played Wizard..a card game the both Syd and m enjoyed. M kept me entertained by reading posts on a Facebook page for the parents of aspiring child actors. It was pretty hilarious.

Today we did nothing..I am very sore   

linda..sounds like you had a nice dinner. Hope you back is feeling better. 

Claudia..hope rs hunting camp is going well. And that your turkey day went well.

the weather should be clearing up..enjoy yourvday.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving, Barbara.  Sorry you aren't feeling great today.  I thought our weather was getting better, but now it is back to rain and cooler temperatures.  Our internet was out for several hours.

I managed to get up most of my Christmas decorations yesterday afternoon/evening and this morning.  But, I have not put away my Fall decorations yet.  Oh well.....

My procedure went well.  Very interesting.  He said not to drink much coffee or tea and eat a light meal, and my stomach was growling so much he offered me a protein bar.  I declined since I was laying down with my head back and was afraid I might choke.

The lady who drove me to and there (shares your name) was very nice.  I enjoy her at our Caregiver meetings, but got to know more about her on the ride.

Quite a few restrictions for today, and I won't be able to do my regular walks for at least a week.  I can't even bath or shower until Sunday.  Probably will do a "sponge bath" on other body parts.  I should be able to do my hospice visit if my patient's son would like me to do so.

Hope R is doing okay at hunting camp, Claudia.  Also hope you are doing okay.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. My back seems better today, but not back to normal.

Respected Contributor

Linda..I totally forgot Boutyour procedure today..glad it went well. Take care and rest up. Hope it is as successful as vs was 💖💖