Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Thanksgiving week

I posted earlier and it did not go through. 

we are getting ready for the girls..I am still today but will soldier through.🦃🦃

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Thanksgiving week

Good Afternoon!  Hope they make it there okay, and you feel better, Barbara.

It is sunny and a bit warmer here, but the house still feels cold to me.  It is nice in the Arizona room, however.  I made it to church and the gym.  For some reason, my back is hurting. Not horrible, but I wish I could take some Advil or something.   I'm not supposed to do so for several days before my procedure.  I will try some floor "exercises" that can help sometimes.

Hope you are feeling okay, Claudia, and R and your furbabies are doing okay as well.

DH's friend called me yesterday evening, and we had our usual long conversation.  He offered to pick me up at the airport, and take me to his house to stay a couple of nights before my trip to England and Scotland.  I know he doesn't have any bad intentions, but I'm just not sure I want to do so.  Fortunately, i don't have to make a decision any time soon.

Nothing exciting planned for this afternoon -- probably a little cooking and some ironing.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Try to take it easy, Barbara. I hope Sydnie's and M have a good flight. Is Pepper coming too?

Are you able to take Tylenol, Linda? R was still able to take that before his scope surgery.

You have time to consider Dh's friend's offer. 

I spent some time in the attic. Filled up 1 garbage bag plus a box  of items to donate and brought a 3rd cat carrier down. I was thinking optimistically. After R came home from sighting in his rifle I loaded up all the donations (3 bags and 1 box) and dropped them off. There's still more to do but it's a start.

I hope to get to sleep fairly early. My back and shoulder are telling me I overdid it. It's chilly here but no snow. NE PA and the southern part of the state did get a couple inches.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you got to bed early, Claudia.  I checked, and it didn't say anything about avoiding Tylenol.  Thanks so much for the suggestion.  While my back still hurts a bit, the Tylenol seems to help.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  It turned out to be a busy day for me -- strong bones and then hospice volunteering.  I took a walk this afternoon.  Trying to decide on a vegetable dish to take to the Thanksgiving lunch at church, so I have spent a bunch of time looking for recipes on the computer.  Decisions, decisions, LOL

Hope all is well there, Barbara.  It is chilly here, and they are predicting cooler temperatures (some nights as low as the upper 30's) and rain later in the week.  I'm sure it is warmer than MN, however.

Did you get to bed early yesterday, Claudia? My back was bothering me (despite the Tylenol), so I spent some time with the heating pad last night.  I was fine in the morning, but it is bothering me again.  Hope it is not my sometimes problem with pain in my back plus the front (sort of like heartburn) that no doctor seems to be able to solve.  So far, it is only my back, and I hope that goes away soon.

DD picked up groceries at Wal Mart only to find that her car wouldn't start.  So, she ended up calling AAA and buying a new battery.  AAA said that was the only problem she had.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good evening..it was kind of a busy day here too. I went to the weekly community meeting..it is ver amusing at times. I needed for finish up shopping for the rest of the meals. The lines were long and I got into one where the woman ahead of was disputing charges. Our book club was very good..lots of interesting conversation.

m is worried about the snowstorm that is to start tomorrow..Minneapolis is a good snow airport, however.

v had his stress test and has to wear a monitor for24 hours. I think this is because the doc here doesn't know his history.

linda..glad dd got an easy fix on her back.  I think I have asked you in the past, but habve you been checked for gallstones or kidney stones? I find it hard that they cannot find the cause of your pain. Feel better.

Claudia..hope you got some rest and that your day was good.

Sleep well. 😘😘

Respected Contributor

I hope the back pain is not an indication of your previous problem, Linda. I remember you felt absolutely miserable.  At least the battery was the only issue with your DD's car. I haven't found Tylenol as effective as some other otc medicines but it's better than nothing.

When I went downstairs at 7:30 this morning Merry was napping in the smaller pet carrier in the hall. I closed the doors to limit the cats to the hall but the bathroom door doesn't latch tight. When I went back upstairs at 10 the bathroom door was slightly ajar in spite of the weight I had put against it. No Merry in sight even in the bathroom. I guess her secret talent is invisability. I was able to pick Fitz up and got him in the medium carrier. Pippen took a bit more work. I had to spend the large carrier and lower him in.. I moved the carriers downstairs one step at a  time making 2 trips. R got them to the car. Shot updates are done. Fitz is 17 pounds and Pippen 22 pounds ( all muscle). I scheduled Merry for next Tuesday. Now I need to plot out my campaign to get her in the carrier.

We had a late lunch at a former train station. I remember my grandparents taking me there when the last train left the station.

I managed to get to bed early last night but was up and down several times. The new pillow does help.

R hopes to be able to hunt a couple days.

I am trying to stay out of the grocery stores this week,Barbara. Somehow I always end up in the slowest line. Wednesday I'll need to pick up Griff's medicine at Wal-Mart. Not looking forward to that. I hope V's test results are good.

Respected Contributor

It has been another busy day...I was again LOSER at 500 this morning..lol...almost my lowest score ever. We had choir practice this afternoon...that is always an interesting process..

my turkey is in cold water in the sink because it was not thawed. I am going to make the dressing today.

Linda..I am sure that you had a busy day with your lunch work.

Claudia..your cats are funny...

sleep well. 🦃🦃

Respected Contributor

Merry surfaced this morning but made it clear I was not getting close to her. How I will get her in a carrier next Tuesday is beyond me. You'd think she'd been one of the ones crated and taken to the vet yesterday. Speaking

After pt i did several errands. The small groceries weren't crowded.

R is getting his list of what to take to hunting camp together. We have a storm warning for tomorrow into Thursday. I hope they're wrong.

Linda, I hope your back isn't hurting much.

Barbara, I remember one year at mother's the turkey was thrown out. Youngest sister brought it and had only thawed it in the fridge. The inside was still raw. Another year younger sister and her partner brought a tofu turkey. Not much I can say about that. One year I thought it a good idea to pick up dinner at the grocery. I had no idea the turkey wasn't cooked. Needless to say I prefer to go out for Thanksgiving dinner. At least this year the half a duck is cooked and I just need to heat it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening!  Wonder why you keep getting those bad cards, Barbara.  It certainly sounds like you were busy.  I keep hearing horrible predictions for snow in MN and other places.  Glad MN is a good snow airport.

I have been tested for all sorts of possibilities, but they ruled everything.  Glad the heating pad helps, but wish the pain would just go away.

Your furbabies certainly keep you busy, Claudia.  Hope R is doing okay, and he can go hunting if it won't be too much on him.  Are you expecting snow?

It was chilly all day here, and it was raining when I got up in the morning.  

The senior lunch program went okay -- not salad bar, so my buddy was not as busy or stressed as usual.  She and her husband have done a lot with their "old" house, and hope the new realtor is able to sell it quickly.

The director asked me to come in tomorrow to help serve people -- we will have a big crowd because they are bringing in blind veterans plus having turkey, etc. 

I went to the gym and then bought gasoline and went into the grocery store.  It was mobbed, but I needed a couple of things plus the director told me they had a special deal on potatoes and bread.  I bought both -- the bread for the lunch program (people always want bread, but they don't often send it) and the potatoes for the foodbank.  The people in the express line were funny, so I didn't mind waiting.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Good luck with that cat, Claudia.  Hope they are wrong about the storm.  Also hope you enjoy the duck.  One year my SIL hosted Thanksgiving at her house, and the turkey wasn't cooked enough.  I remember trying to avoid eating the turkey for fear that I would get sick.  I think she used one of those cooking bags, and it didn't work.  Yuck!  My back is hurting, but I am dealing with it the best I can.  At least the heating pad helps.