Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Christmas week

Good afternoon..sydnie and m are making the cut out Sugar cookies. That is a massive production. After they are frosted, I will clean the tile floors. I have dinner in the crockpot so I do not have to cook later.

not too much happening here. Pepper prescription dog is upsetting her tummy. We need to get that figured out before we leave next Sunday.

Hope you are having a good day.

⛄️⛄️🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Christmas week

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Hope you can find a solution for Pepper.  I'm sure the floor will need cleaning after cookie production.  That is something I need to do more often since I mess up the kitchen floor almost every time I cook, which is often.  

It was warmer here this morning, and should make it to 70 degrees.  But, they are predicting much cooler weather and rain starting on Tuesday.  Perhaps there will be snow in the mountains for a sort of "White Christmas".

Church was okay this morning, and I plan to go to the gym soon.  I made my pumpkin/cranberry muffins yesterday and had one this morning.  I really like them, but have not taken the time to make them for quite a while.

Nothing else exciting planned for the day.  Hopefully, I will get some cleaning done in addition to the ironing.  Also would like to take a walk around the neighborhood sometime this afternoon.

Hope all is okay with you, R, and your furbabies, Claudia.  Hope you enjoy your heated throw.

Also hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Today was sunny with warmer temperatures. I'm still waiting for the backyard to thaw.

Barbara , I hope Pepper's food gets straightened out.

The phone rang at 1 am. It was Whitney saying the Christmas card and check I sent had gone to Oklahoma City instead of Tulsa and the person who received it found her on FB. They didn't feel comfortable re-mailing it so tomorrow I need to stop payment on the check and mail another card and check to Whitney. She called at that hour deciding it was an emergency but didn't stop to think that nothing could be done till Monday. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep after that. I sure hope tonight is better.I

R went out to sight in a pistol but didn't have much luck. While he was gone I cleared the dining table but now it's cluttered again.

Earlier I went upstairs to get something and found the cat bed that is usually on the landing was at the bottom of the steps. I wonder which cat decided to slide down the stairs with it.

That's all the excitement here.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...thevyns are all here...lol. V3 and v4 are giving to the Vikings game tonight. Sydnie winter to get her mom some Christmas gifts so we went shopping..it wasn't too bad and I was able to move without too much pain.

i am looking at all of the stuff in this house and shaking my head. We are going to have to get rid of a lot because I want no clutter in Az. I am going to let each one of the 3 pick out what they want...m will take most of the furniture and i will try to sell the rest.  I am glad that I haven't bought any new clothes here. Lol. 

Claudia..yikes on the 1 am phone call.  She could have waited until morning. Pepper hasn't up bucked today yet. 

Linda..hope you are having a good day. 

The weather remains mild..mid 30s. 

enjoy🎄🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  That was some emergency, Claudia -- yikes!  Sorry you were awakened at 1:00 a.m. and could not get back to sleep.  Guess W wasn't thinking through things.  I also guess the cat who went for a ride down the stairs was no worse for the trip.  I remember when my ex and I moved to a two story house with our old dog, and she slid down the stairs -- not hurt, but very surprised.  Hope you slept better last night and were able to take care of the check this morning.

Glad you were able to shop with Syd and didn't feel too bad, Barbara.  Nice that the V's are there.  I imagine the move and downsizing will be quite a chore.  We moved very little furniture -- mostly lamps, etc., and the very bad mover broke many of those things we did move.  I gave DD and the local Goodwill (near the house) lots of stuff, and I also gave away quite a bit on Freecycle. 

A lady in my strong bones class is moving from a house to a small casita (about 550 square feet) one bedroom/one bath condo.  Her settlement is early next month.  Her current house was supposed to go on the market last week (or maybe the week before), but she found out that her Arizona room would not count in the square footage and make her house value lower.  So, she is having workers make some changes.  I am not sure that they will be able to make sufficient changes to qualify, but.....  I know that our Arizona room does not count in the "official" square footage.  I asked her how she would be able to reduce her possessions, and she said she has been working on this for quite a while (her husband died more than a year ago).  When I said that I would need a smaller bed, she said she will need one.  

All I can say is that I am glad I am not in that position, at least so far.  

Strong bones went okay (I was the leader), and then we had coffee, and I came back for the holiday party and lunch at the senior center.  They had special bingo games with small prizes (like cookies in a stocking), and I won one game.   The lady who sat next to me on the trip last Friday came in and sat next to me today.  That was nice.  But, there was a couple at the table that were not such good company -- at least the husband was not.  He kept saying the meat was tough (beef roast), etc., etc.  I felt sorry for the volunteers since there were extra people who did not sign up, and they ran out of food despite cutting the meat in half, etc.  

Nothing exciting planned for the rest of the day.  I'll probably take a walk around the neighborhood.  It is very cloudy and cooler here today, and they are predicting 90 percent chance for rain tomorrow.  

We did have a totally beautiful sunrise this morning.

I heard from one of my friends who is back in town.  She confirmed that it was Jo Ann's case that was mentioned in the local newspaper.  She was lucky not to lose more money since she had been convinced to send another $15,000 or so after the first shipment of about $5,000.  Fortunately, another friend found where it was located in the shipment process, and Fed Ex stopped it before he could get the money.  Later, she found out that it isn't legal to ship cash through Fed Ex like that.  While Jo Ann has some clear headed times, she really needs to be protected.  So, I'm glad she plans to move to be near her sisters.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you were able to shop with Sydnie. Hopefully Pepper has had no more problems. I'm sure you're enjoying the two V's.

I stopped payment on the check as soon as the cu opened this morning and mailed out a replacement card. R had pt early this morning before the bank opened. Tomorrow's appointment is mid morning.

I'm glad the party and lunch went ok, Linda. Some people always have to complain about something it seems. I remember that very bad mover. Such a shame.

How sad that No Ann lost the money in that scam. Thank heavens  they were able to stop the $15,000 from being delivered.No

It was almost 60° here today. The snow is melting.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve to all.  The only thing I need to do is make a batch of fudge. M is done with work at noon, Sydnie is making cards and v is out getting the oil changed and heaven know what else.

we have church at 4..I am going to livestream the service from our church in Az. 

Linda..that is sad that your friend got caught in the scam..I have seen banks question elderly people when they attempt to take out large amounts of cash. I was on all of my moms accounts and she got caught in a scam. The bank called me and when the scammers called I answered the phone, played along for a bit and then ripped into them.we also did a police report. Are you doing anything special today ???

Clauda..hope you are having a nice day. 

our weather is decent, but it may snow over the weekend..hope our flight back does not have issues.

i have felt better the last 2 days..hope it keeps up.

may Santa be good to you. 🎄💜💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R's appointment went okay today, Claudia.  You made quick work of that check going astray, etc.  Hopefully, all is well now.  As you may read on the other thread, I was shocked to find that a gift card I ordered from Best Buy for one of my grands that was "shipped" on December 11th never made it anywhere.  By the time I figured things out -- long "on line chat" and decided what to do, it was late.  And, I couldn't get to sleep for quite a while.  Fortunately, DD found a way to get the money to him, and I will be getting a refund from Best Buy.

Sounds like you will be having a nice day, Barbara.  I enjoy fudge, but very rarely make it.  Glad you are feeling better and hope you don't have any problems with getting back to Arizona.

It was very rainy this morning, but now it is mostly sunny.  But, the wind is up and it feels pretty cool -- highs only in the low 50's.  I had part one of my TB test this morning, and go back on Thursday to have it "read".  

The Salvation Army lunch was very nice -- plentiful.  I brought home some ham since they gave us so much.  

I plan to go to the gym soon, and I may go to church at 4:30 today (depends on the weather and my mood).

Nothing at all planned for tomorrow, but DD's gift finally arrived this afternoon while I was at lunch.  It was supposed to be delivered December 18, but spent ages in North Carolina before arriving in Phoenix yesterday afternoon.  I'm glad I will have something to open..

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.  

Hugs and Merry Christmas,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Glad you're feeling bwtter, Barbara. Hopefully not much will need done on the car besides the oil change.

It's a good thing you discovered the gift card never was sent, Linda. They certainly seem to be disorganized. Luckily your DR had money set aside.

This was not a particularly good day. R heard a gurgle sound in the pipes in the half bath and while I was at the grocery decided to use the plunger upon going down cellar he found water backing up from the drain. When I got home I called the water company since we have coverage on the water line, sewer line and indoor plumbing. They said they'd find someone and they'd call. Well 2+ hours and no call.

Meanwhile R called a company who said they'd be there in an hour and it would be $300 just to show up plus double the hourly rate. So I called and cancelled through the water company since we hadn't heard anything. Then I discover emails saying one person couldn't but they'd reached another.

Phone rings and it sounds like the company the water company got hold of So I told them R had someone coming. Turns out the names were similar and I may have cancelled the one R called. They never showed and there's no answering machine. R checked reviews and found they had bad reviews. So here we are with no working toilet on a holiday. Luck there's the portapotty. I think we're best to muddle through and call a company with good reviews that also has an emergency # and have them come Thursday so we don't have to pay the after hours price.

Arghh!

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas..poor Clauda..what a mess to have to deal with on a holiday. I hope things getv resolved soon.yikes

we had our traditional breakfast , pancakes and sausage, and then Syd opened her gifts. She wanted a Fitbit 2, which m gave to her. I have turkey and all of the trimmings, but that will not be put in the oven until later, since we won't eat until evening. 

Libda..what a mess with the gift card...we had trouble a number of years ago with Best Buy.  I find vis gift cards are the best.

we are moving ahead with selling our home..will meet with an agent when I am home in January and go from there. I am not looking forward to it. Someone from the family will bring the few items we want to Az when the time comes.

inhope you are able to enjoy the day somewhat, Claudia.  

Merry Christmas 🎄🎄