Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Christmas week, December 26

Good morning.. it is very cold..-8 and I have to go out in a few minutes to get a prescription and some $$$ . We are taking Sydnie to the new Star Wars movie..I have been a fan since the first one.

i will post more later.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Christmas week, December 26

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Hope you keep warm and enjoy the movie.

I had a better than expected Christmas, and I don't work today.  I'll be back later.  

In the meantime, waves to Claudia, chessielady, and all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I saw Erie got 53" of snow. It mostly bypassed us.

Respected Contributor

I just read Louis’s blog about Jac. What a beautiful tribute.

we en joyed the Star Wars movie..it was quite long but not boring at all. Syd really enjoyed it. 

M got the laundry done ..nice of her.

Glad the snow missed you, Claudia.

Linfa, hope Dh is well . Your dinner sounded very nice.

i am ver cold..sure the anemia has a lot to do with it.

enjoy your evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I am still sad about Jac.  I knew something had to be wrong since Louis was absent for his Q2 special, but I didn't dream it was that serious.  He certainly wrote a beautiful tribute.

Glad you and Syd enjoyed the movie, Barbara.  I just never cared for that type of movie, but I know many are great fans.  Thank goodness you will be coming back to warm Arizona.  I imagine that the cold is particularly bad when you suffer from anemia.

DH was in pretty good shape again today, but he did not eat that much.  The hospice caregiver was there when I came, and we had a nice visit while she worked.  The main caregiver left early to go to the doctor since one of the residents shoved her elbow into her pregnant belly very hard, and she wanted to have things checked out.  Really hope she is okay.

I was hoping that snow total was a misprint, Claudia.  Thank goodness you don't live in Erie and the snow bypassed you.

Waves to chessielady.  Sleep well everyone.

Respected Contributor

Yes, just horrible. I knew the longer we didn't hear the worse it was but I never dreamed it would be what it was.

Safe travels tomorrow, Barbara.

R came home early from bowling. Not many there. His back hurts terribly plus the wrist. We may go to the er. I'm certainly not going to try to drive to Erie tomorrow. 

Glad your DH was in pretty good shape, Linda. Hopefully the caregiver is ok.

I hope the pups are behaving and your weather isn't too bad, chessielady.

Respected Contributor

We are leaving around 12 for the airport. M is working, so I have to use our car service..it is -10 out as we speak...needless to say, I will be grateful to get back to some warmth. 

I returned the barefoot dreams shawl..it was very bulky for what I wanted. Decided to try the lounge pants...since v is treating, I do not care lol about the price. 

Claudia...Erie had pretty unbelievable snow. Hope r is feeling better today.

sydnies ginger did not heal as all as the wanted so she has to see an orthopedist soon

i am guessing it will be rebroken..arghh.

Poor Pepperdid not want to stay outside any longer than she had to this morning. It was so cold for her that she was hopping from paw to paw.

Linda..hope you continue to feel better.

chessielady..is it cold where you are?

have a wonderful day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R is better today, Claudia.  Also hope you are doing okay, and the cold isn't too bad there. Definitely do not try to go to Erie -- yikes.  I guess the ER is a better place for R in this weather.

Safe travels, Barbara.  I know you will enjoy the warm weather.  Sorry the Barefoot Dreams shawl did not work out.  Hope you like the lounge pants.  I have been curious about them, but I have not ordered.  That is a shame about Syd's finger.  She should definitely get it looked at since healing takes time.  Poor Pepper in the cold.  I remember my dogs hating it when it was cold and/or snowy outside.  

Hope all is okay with you chessielady.

My cold seemed to be better yesterday, but today I woke up coughing.  I have been drinking lots of liquids, etc., but I discovered my honey was no good.  Guess I will try to buy some more if I have a chance.

I'll be visiting DH this morning, and no other plans for the day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

If you can try raw honey, Linda. Sorry about your cold.

I took R to the Dr at midnight after he called the upstairs phone. When he tried to lie down on the roll a way bed he couldn't breathe so off we went. We got home about 6 am. He has bacterial pneumonia , a fatty liver, and they found a spot on the liver that needs checked out with an mri. Hopefully that can be scheduled locally. If not we'll have to go to Pittsburgh.

Poor Pepper. I remember how my parent's Boston would quiver and shake in the cold weather. She was only out briefly but that was more than enough for her.

What a shame about Syd's finger. Years ago my brother broke his cheekbone in a school bus accident and I remember it had to be rebroken.

Respected Contributor

It is a nice day..I am enjoying the sun and relative warmth.

i saw the dr this morning..I have to get a vitamin b12 injection to morrow will have a blood test in 2 weeks and contingent on that, there are several,options for treatment.

i liked the doctor..that is important to me.

Claudia, I hope r is feeling better today.he has a lot of stuff going on hope you do not have to travel in the bad weather. (((Hugs)))

Linda..glad Dh was doing better again. Are you feeling better also?

we are going to our friends for dinner...thank goodness I do not have to cook.

Enjoy the rest of your day.