Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLIC s. Week of May 22

Linda...I did not know that they made devices you did not have to press a button. But like you said you were in the same room when he fell. His disease appears to be getting worse rather quickly...but I think everyone regresses differently. This has to be so hard on you...I admire you for all you do.

too bad about sils truck. Good that dgs can go to school  with his sister. It is great that they have the community school option..

i I hope your day is going well. (((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Barbara, some stores carry that line of dog toys. I ordered online as my shopping choices are limited locally.

R is napping again. Today it's sunny and the temperature is near 90. I picked up more dog food this morning before getting some groceries. I also donated 2 of suitcases. The rain has held off and I was able to mow the front yard and use the trimmer front and back.

An extra day of day services is a good idea. I hope DH's confusion lessens. That is hard to deal with. Yikes on sil's truck it may better to replace it.

Respected Contributor

R distracted me asking about supper. I suppose I better get started.

Respected Contributor

I took Syd grocery shopping with me. She hopped, skipped and danced her way through the store while getting items from my list. She packed the bags and carried everything in. I need to only shop when she is available..lol.

Kaylie turns 10 today...I got her a bracelet and gift cards. 

We we are off to get a grill this afternoon..all if the meals this weekend require a grill..

Claudia..I ordered a couple of those toys for Pepper. 

Linda...hope the weekend goes well for you...you said dh is pretty unsteady on his feet. Did they give you a transport belt to assist you. ???

i ordered a couple of dresses on sale from jjill. I love maxi dresses when it gets hot..which today it is not...cool and rainy again.

i will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you had a good grocery store run with Syd to help out and entertain, Barbara.  Happy birthday to Kaylie.  DH's younger DGD turns 10 in November.  Time flies.  

I purchased a "grip belt" a while back, but I have not had great luck in using it on DH.  Not sure if that is the same as a transport belt.  He seems better today than yesterday -- not as unsteady.  I would like to take a walk, and I'll see if he is up for one.  He did make a mess last night and this morning, but it is laundry day so I don't need to do a special laundry.  

I found a few things to add to the thrift shop donation, and they have picked things up.  Making progress inch by inch.  

Hope you like your new dresses.  I think maxi dresses can be very nice for hot weather, but they just don't work for me -- I'm just too short, and pants work better for me most of the time.  I think maxi dresses are much better on a tall gal like you.  I have such bad luck with grilling.  Just never got the hang of it, unfortunately.

How are things going there, Claudia?  Hope R is doing okay, and the dogs are behaving. 

Nothing exciting planned here.  Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope Kaylie has a marvelous birthday. They grow up so quickly. Oh to have Sydnie to go shopping with, Barbara.

It's quite humid here. There was a bit of rain earlier and it looks like we're about to get more. So far it's a fairly peaceable day. TT woke me around 11:30 last night challenging Griff. Poor Griff knew he shouldn't fight so hustled into his crate. TT however followed. I had to haul him back out by his tail until I could shut the crate door. I left Griff in the crate a half hour or so and the dogs were quiet the rest of the night.

We changed R's bandage earlier today and all looks well.

Linda, I hope you get your walk in. I am behind on going through and sorting things. I need to start supper and feed the dogs. Hope everyone has a good evening.