Respected Contributor

REFFORMED SHOPaHOLICS. Week of March 27

Happy Easter. Unfortunately, I will not make it to church because I am coughing too much. I am feeling a little better this morning but have a ways to go. I have not been this ill in a while.

we are in for a cool down...still very nice weather but a lot cooler. Today will still be warm 

wonder how Sydnie did with her Easter egg hunt. I don't think m used anything but plastic eggs in which she put money and candy. 

Nothing else here. V plays in a bridge tournament next week so I will not see much of v. My friend from Canada will be here so I should be able to see her.

i will check back later.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFFORMED SHOPaHOLICS. Week of March 27

I'm sorry your cough is still bothering you and keeping you home, Barbara. Hopefully you'll be able to see your Canadian friend next week.

Nothing much here. The dogs were by a water dish that needed refilled yesterday and Griff and TT got into it. So far so good today. Griff did scoot upstairs a bit ago when he found the stairway door ajar. I caught him standing in the cat litter box. Smh.

Esteemed Contributor

@sydsgma1 - hope you feel better soon! Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry you were not well enough to go to services today, Barbara.  That pneumonia needs to go.  Hugs.  I think that most Easter eggs (for Easter egg hunts) are plastic with candy, etc. these days.  When I was a kid, they were just colored hard boiled eggs, which I didn't care for.  Not much motivation to hunt for them.  LOL  I did get nice Easter baskets full of candy and sometimes little stuffed animals (chickens, bunnies, etc.)  I remember getting all dressed up -- new dress and often new shoes.

It should be much cooler here as well -- not looking forward to the cool down, but it shouldn't be too bad.  Hope you have fun with your Canadian friend.

Hope that Griff doesn't act up too much, Claudia.  I remember how mischievous TT was, but I don't remember him getting into fights or anything.  Enjoy your quiet day.  The sage is called Cleveland sage, which is supposed to be native of southern California.  Is there a Cleveland, California?   Russian sage sounds more exotic, but....

The husband of one of the ladies in my caregivers group passed away last week.  Nice lady.  She placed him in a nursing facility last November or so.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I parked a way from the church because I knew the parking lot would be a zoo.  Glad I did so, and I got in a little walking.  DH and I will go to the gym shortly.  He said he liked the hot cross buns this morning and the lemon pound cake last night.  I know he will enjoy the asparagus with dinner.  

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning! It's cold and windy here. A big change from yesterday when it reached 70 .

I remember new dress, gloves,and hat (hated hats), and often new shoes. My grandfather on dad's side of the family had a shoe store. I'm another who didn't care for hard boiled eggs.

Barbara, I hope you are feeling better. The pneumonia has lingered for too long.

You're right Linda. TT didn't get into fights. He would just take something and refuse to give it back and growl.

R is very frustrated over the pool game on his cell phone. I thought of going out to look at carpet but it's too cold, rainy, and windy. I would rather stay put. The darn Samsung fridge is starting to act up again. I'm hoping to wait till after our trip to replace it.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your yucky weather, Claudia.  I think I would want to stay put as well.  I saw the cherry blossom pictures from DC (and a place in Maryland near where I grew up) yesterday, and it was lovely there.   But, I saw the change in the weather expected there today.  It is supposed to be cooler here tomorrow and pretty windy this afternoon.  It seems we often have heavy wind when it is trash day (tomorrow) and recycle day (Wednesday).  Last week, our trash can was blowing all over the place. 

I didn't like hats either.  The picture I put on FB was in a scrapbook, and I noticed in another picture from that day I was wearing a hat and a little jacket.  I also remember the little white gloves everyone had to wear.  Quite a change these days.

Sorry about R and the game.  I guess it is a good thing I never got into computer games.  No more frustration needed here.  

Hope you are feeling better today, Barbara.  Did you connect with m and Syd via the computer yesterday?  

DH didn't sleep well at all last night, and I am already feeling sleepy.  Not good.  I had the caregiver show me how to put on the new underwear (with the tabs), since I made quite a mess of it when I tried.  

Nothing exciting planned for today.  Hope both of you have a good one.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope both of you are doing okay today, and your pneumonia is gone, Barbara.

Yesterday turned out to be a very difficult one with DH.  I was beyond frustrated with the bathroom business -- longish story, but what a mess.  I ended up washing his clothes twice in one day.  It was very windy which caused problems when we went for a walk and to the store.  

Fortunately, he slept much better last night, and so far so good this morning.  I will be taking him to day services and doing my volunteer job today.  Also plan to go to the gym in the afternoon.  It is much cooler here today -- high only supposed to be in the 60's, but sunny.

DD said that my SIL and a couple of the boys were able to replace the garage door motor over the weekend.  That is very good news since they were having so much trouble with it.  Oldest DGS found out that the manager who offered him the full-time position at Macy's was not authorized to do so.  Not sure if he will be offered the position later, so he may need to find a different job or another part-time one when he graduates.  

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I'll be meeting with my new lawyer on Friday -- signing some papers and discussing more possible changes.  I'm still angry at the bogus estate "attorney", but. at least I am able to fix things.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I did not post yesterday because I was not feeling well ended up going to a doctor through a referral service. He said the antibiotic and added a steroid to the mix. He wanted to see me next week but I will be home so will see my own doctor. I am going to have to postpone my infusion, however.  I am feeling better but still have dreadful coughing fits. Arghhh

Today is Amies bday. She was such a small baby. 4 and a half pounds, 6 weeks early. 

V is playing bridge the rest of the week...I have no energy so will stay home. It is hard to figure out what to eat because I have no appetite.

linda, I am so sorry about dhs problems.  My sil became incontinent after a point and that did my bil in. Plus she was wandering and was not safe. So he put her in a care facility where she has excellent care. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. ((((Hugs)))) I hope your day is better today.

claudia, hope your weather is better. M said it was 61 yesterday. 

Have a a great day.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you decided to see a doctor, Barbara. You certainly have had a rough time with the pneumonia. Sorry your infusion will be postponed. I was afraid it would be.

Happy Birthday to Amie. It's amazing how tiny premises are. I was told mother was 3 pounds when my grandparents adopted her. Supposedly grandpa was a preemie and they put him in a shoe box in a warm oven. 

So sorry, Linda about DH and his accidents. That is so difficult to deal with day in and day out.

This afternoon we went over to look for carpet for the back room. I think we decided on a medium gray to go with the bathroom flooring. TT and Griff were wrestling in the living room a bit ago (amazing and I wasn't about to scold as it was friendly) . I have mother's garden gargoyle (Giles) by the fireplace. They knocked him over and he lost part of a wing. Never boring here. Just think of 300+ pounds of dog playing.

Respected Contributor

Good morning.  I continue to feel better but it is going to be a while before I am back to normal. My energy level is very low.

pepper comes home on Friday and Sydnie is very excited. The breeder said she will have an adjustment time..the two puppies left cried for 3 days when their brothers left 2 weeks ago. After dancing on Saturday, she will have to give the dog a lot of attention. 

Claudia, I can just imagine those 2 big dogs wrestling...lol. Good luck on choosing carpeting.

it is still on the cool side but will warm up considerably by the weekend.

V is enjoying his bridge tournament...

Linda, hope your day is going well.

i ordered 2 pairs of the tsv...will see how they fit.

i will check back