Honored Contributor

I was at the mall over the weekend and passed CHICO'S window display. I've been on their mailing list forever, receiving catalogues and coupons. My mother wears CHICO bright print jackets and some loud outfits so stayed away thinking the clothing was not for me. My style is more minimal, solid neutral colors and simple designs.

Well, boy was I surprised inside the store. I purchased a short tan/khaki jacket in the window, a few pr. of their "Capri pants" which are ankle pants on me, so perfect..no alterations. I found some great long sleeve tees and other several other co-ordinating jackets & tops.

YAY!! So excited...a new place to shop!!! Walk through to bras, panties store.  Don't quite get that, but didn't have time to look around there...looked like some cute loungewear at quick glance.

Anyone else love CHICO'S?

Respected Contributor

About 95% of my wardrobe is from Chico's. Love their style obviously. I can pretty much go in and buy without trying on because my size runs very consistantly. BTW their jeans are my absolute favorite. Every style fits well with no problem. Love their sales too! Can get great deals pretty often. Glad that you have come back to Chico's.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Chico's clothes too. Unfortunately I'm too short for 99% of what they sell. But I love to wander through anyway and look. They are constantly changing their inventory too, at least the 2 I've frequented, so you could go every couple of weeks and see tons of new stuff. I have a sister-in-law who dresses almost exclusively in their fashions and their jewelry and always looks good.

Honored Contributor

Re: REDISCOVERED CHICO'S

[ Edited ]

I started shopping at Chico's back in the mid/late 90s ... based on a recommendation from a friend to try their Travelers line.   At this point ... I'm guessing about 1/2 my closet is from Chico's.  

Honored Contributor

I can always walk into that store and walk out with something.  Chico's sister store seems to be Soma.  I've bought some nice lounging wear there.

Honored Contributor

Hi @shaggygirl. The SA told me there are sometimes petite sizes online. Some of the clothes I purchased were so cute, it's worth alterations to have sleeves hemmed up & pants shortened. I'm a  size 2-4 and size 1 in Chico sizing. I was able to wear a few things in their size 0. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy. So that's the "Breezies" store attached to Chico?

Honored Contributor

I do like Chicos.  Honestly, I don't go to malls often and Chicos just fell off my radar the past couple of years.  I don't even visit the website.  I'll have check them out in a month or so when I start thinking about spring shopping. 

Trusted Contributor

I love shopping at Chico's. I always feel very "put together" after purchasing. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I'm going to rain on the parade.

I shopped at Chico's for years and think the quality of yesteryear was far better than what they offer today.  Things look great in the catalog but in RL, the fabrics look and feel cheap to me.

Chico's is famous for playing games with prices.  One day it's 30% off and a few days later 50% off.  The funny thing is the item may be cheaper  with the 30% code.  They are constantly changing the base price.

I tend to shop online because the SA cling to you the moment you walk into the store.  Online they will offer items for years.  Today I saw an item I purchased (on sale) in 2015.

I remember during one of the summer Olympics, (2008, I think) Chico's dressed Michael Phelps' mother.  She had great jackets and tops with funky jewelry