Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If Lisa R were still with QVC, this thread never would have been started by the OP. She'd be perfectly happy with the prices, the products and the presentations. 

As for wide leg pants, go to the Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman, etc. websites. There are plenty of them being shown.  

ITA!!

Must be a slow life.

Esteemed Contributor

@HULAGIRL - Don't feel bad about this because I believe this new version is much thinner than the original.

Honored Contributor

She says they're "slimming"...........I would look like a gift-wrapped bratwurst..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I did not like this line when LR brought it to QVC and I do not like it with this Jill Martin. I would never take any fashion advice from either one of these women. And I certainly would not pay these prices for these clothing items. I do not like tight crop leather jackets. Or that silly belt that does  look good on everybody. I have news for you Jill it looks good on none of the women who you say it looks good on. Woman Mad

Frequent Contributor

I like the belt on some of the models, but I can't imagine it would look good on me as I'm  1X and carry my weight mostly around my middle.  As far as GILI prices go, I think they were very high when Lisa showed them and they're very high now (except maybe the TSV belt).  GILI fashion is just not my style.

Contributor

I have the original obi belt in black. I'm 5'6" and weigh approximately 133 on a good day. I don't wear mine over anything bulky because, in my opinion, it does add pounds to your look. However, I do like to wear it under a cardigan and over some of my Logo tops. It gives her tops a more fitted look and if it is an open cardigan, the bow looks cute showing in the front. Hope that helps someone who is on the fence about buying one. I wear a lot of Logo style tops and sometimes they need a little styling at the waistline. And yes, I agree that Jill and many of the models would be better off with no belt or a more narrow design than what the obi offers.

Respected Contributor

Re: REALLY.....GILI JILL???

[ Edited ]

Based on the promotion, it should include "It slices, it dices...."

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Going to be a long day of looking at models, vendors and hosts  squeezed into this belt.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

She says they're "slimming"...........I would look like a gift-wrapped bratwurst..........

Big Brother 15: It's official! The plan is to backdoor Amanda! Amanda ...

Honored Contributor

I would be interested to see just how many of these belts sell throughout the day. The first thing I learned about fashion was that a thin belt has the ability to make a woman look slimmer whether she has a slightly larger waist or not. However, a woman carrying weight around the middle was advised to not wear a belt as it would just accent her figure flaw, even if she is relatively thin.

I guess all the old rules were thrown out the window and now I should start buying belts that will make me look like a tent cinched in the middle.

I think I will pass, thank you very much....