Honored Contributor

REALLY CLEARING OUT THE CLOTHING BINS

Saw some of Isaac's show & on clearance: pink, white or summer green 24/7 pants. Come on!!!! Talking about back from the vault.

Honored Contributor

Re: REALLY CLEARING OUT THE CLOTHING BINS

@ShanusThanks for that heads up - I'm assuming your post was anti, but I'm all for seeing a bit of summer. Last time I bought any QVC clothing was June of last year.   It's cool here today -maybe 75ish -  but it's about time someone is offering something for those of us not in snow country.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  You're so lucky. Snow expected here shortly. Remember last year wanting to find swimsuit, short sleeve tees in Dec. for trip to warm area & no luck. There should be a "travel store" that carries a neutral & minimal, but necessary wardrobe of all season clothing & stock them all year. Can't find a jacket in July to go to a cold destination either. 

Honored Contributor

It's not uncommon for retailers to "clear out the clothing bins".  I have a favorite Christmas top that I bought in August a few years ago.  I think I paid $3.00 or less for it.  It's beautiful.  Clearly a Christmas top, but it fit perfectly.    A good way to catch a bargain sometimes.

Respected Contributor

I don't get it.  What's the matter with out-of-season colors being on clearance?  Isn't that what you'd expect?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusThanks for that heads up - I'm assuming your post was anti, but I'm all for seeing a bit of summer. Last time I bought any QVC clothing was June of last year.   It's cool here today -maybe 75ish -  but it's about time someone is offering something for those of us not in snow country.

Sorry @millieshops, but I have to ask .....  what area  of the country do you live in?    I've never seen 75 degrees referred to as "cool".

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I don't get it.  What's the matter with out-of-season colors being on clearance?  Isn't that what you'd expect?

@Peaches McPhee    @Shanus

Of course out of season clothing is sold this time of year .... just like it's sold any other time of year.   Could be sale merchandise from last year, or warm weather basics.  PLUS,  cruise season is just around the corner, so women may want to pick up a few things.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Saw some of Isaac's show & on clearance: pink, white or summer green 24/7 pants. Come on!!!! Talking about back from the vault.

I think people may be looking for some summer like clothing that like vacationing in a warm climate.. I remember when the stores were full of what they called Cruisewear in January. I rarely if ever see it anymore.

Valued Contributor

By the end of January, early February all the Spring clothes will be in the stores.  Retail is always one season ahead.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

By the end of January, early February all the Spring clothes will be in the stores.  Retail is always one season ahead.

For me, the new spring clothes can't get to the stores fast enough! Even though l won't be buying them yet, it makes me happy to see them!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~