Super Contributor

Re: RE: Asymmetrical and sharkbite hemlines ?

No, I'm not comfortable with this look. I just packed up a bunch of clothes for the local women's domestic violence shelter. One piece was a brand new, never worn, Nicole Richie asymmetrical sweater in a beautiful teal color. I tried it on and just didn't think the look was all that flattering. Hopefully it will be nice and cozy for someone else who call pull off this look.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't bought any. Not a fan of those......

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 kahootz said:

No, I'm not comfortable with this look. I just packed up a bunch of clothes for the local women's domestic violence shelter. One piece was a brand new, never worn, Nicole Richie asymmetrical sweater in a beautiful teal color. I tried it on and just didn't think the look was all that flattering. Hopefully it will be nice and cozy for someone else who call pull off this look.

OMG - and it's still for sale for $52 and change...on clearance! (They don't have in my size, but still). It looked so cute on Nicole.

nr

Trusted Contributor

I like shirt hems with a little subtle downward curve in the rear, and occasionally an asymmetrical hemline can be attractive. However, I find that the dramatic hi-lo styles -- especially the ones that dip way down on the sides -- tend to visually shorten and widen the body. Not what I need, for sure.

I have only one or two and frankly don't wear them often. They will probably go to Goodwill.

Super Contributor

They are already on their way out - thank goodness!

Honored Contributor

I like the Nicole R. top featured in the above photo!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I don't wear asymmetrical or shark bite hems so I don't need to worry about them going out of style
Esteemed Contributor

They are on there way out... I never see anyone wearing those things. Very unflattering on the models on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2015 cooking lady said:

They are already on their way out - thank goodness!

I agree! I do not know what is worse the baby doll tops of last year or those shark bite tops.

Esteemed Contributor

I love them. The new me loves them. Lost all kinds of weight and I am in heaven. I can wear skinny skinny pants and layer these tops on top