Regular Contributor

Are all white shirts considered "crisp"??

Honored Contributor

That is a great question. I think it is a cliche' and Graver loves to use it.

Honored Contributor

Lots of designers use the phrase "crisp white shirt". Everyone seems to think it is a wardrobe must. 

I think I must be one of the few women on the planet who doesn't own a white button down shirt or blouse. Maybe it's because I wore white oxford cloth shirts for 12 years of school as part of a uniform. I realize that white shirts come in a variety of fabrics, but to be honest button down shirts just aren't my thing. I don't think they are very comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

Only if hosts say so. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I don't like "crisp" button down shirts.  I feel so uncomfortable in them.  The collar bothers me too.  LOL

I have a few linen shirts.  Linen is anything but crisp.

Honored Contributor

I actually appreciate the distinction in the description because too many white button down shirts have polyester, rayon, spandex, knit, etc.  To say "crisp" let's me know exactly what I'm getting.  I wear them to the office and I love them!  They dress up straight leg or trouser jeans for casual Fridays.  They polish my outfit under a lightweight jacket and slim skirt.  

I've typically relied on Land's End for them since I like them with straight hems (not hi-lo or curved).

Honored Contributor

I'ts usually a shirt that is all or mostly all cotton with some body to it so the collar will stand up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Lots of designers use the phrase "crisp white shirt". Everyone seems to think it is a wardrobe must. 

I think I must be one of the few women on the planet who doesn't own a white button down shirt or blouse. Maybe it's because I wore white oxford cloth shirts for 12 years of school as part of a uniform. I realize that white shirts come in a variety of fabrics, but to be honest button down shirts just aren't my thing. I don't think they are very comfortable. 

@wilma- I don't have a "crisp white blouse" either. I don't think I've ever owned one. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I NEVER wear shirts with a button up front. Do not even own one. A crisp stiff high collar shirt with buttons? NEVER! 

Honored Contributor

Spray sizeung isn't harsh and adds just a little body.

20Oz Magic Sizing