Honored Contributor

Re: Question about wedding gowns

[ Edited ]

I always thought it was the bride and her mother that went shopping for a dress.  I actually ended up going by myself.  I agree that a group is so unecessary with everyone having different taste but it should always be the bride's decision.  If anyone does not like the bride's decision, they need to keep their mouth shut.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@teganslaw Because some brides are lucky enough to have a family and friends who love them and are excited for them and want to support them.

Some have to go it alone and take a lot of anger and negativity along the way.  Why?  I don't have an answer.  Jealousy?  Probably. 

@Sooner   @teganslaw 

Huh?   Where did THAT come from .... anger and negativity?  Jealousy?  Seriously?   LOL

If a woman isn't even capable of making a decision about a dress she'll wear once, it's very possible she is still too immature to be getting married.  

The whole idea of needing a committee to tell you what dress to buy hints strongly that she still doesn't know her own mind well enough.  She's not ready.  Better she takes a few years to grow up more before getting married.  

@Tinkrbl44 Where did you get all that?  I envy people who have others to love, support and be happy for them. People who will go and help her and be with her and make it a joyous occation.  Where does that have to be needing a committee and grow up?  It's called being blessed in my book. 

And probably at the heart I am a little jealous or at least envious of those who do have that. 

Honored Contributor

I went with my mother because I really didn't want anyone else's opinion (not even hers, but she was paying.)  The dress I chose came in two fabric options.  I got the less expensive option because that's how my mother rolls.

Honored Contributor

It sound like they want to be on TV.