Honored Contributor

Question about Sizing for Barefoot Dreams Big Deal - November 9

I go back and forth in sizing with Barefoot Dreams. I seem to wear a larger size for more lightweight ones, and smaller for heavier ones. What do you think about this one?

Super Contributor

Re: Question about Sizing for Barefoot Dreams Big Deal - November 9

[ Edited ]

I'm so glad you asked this question. Several times today I've compared the numbers from the Cozychic Cali cardi (which I own and had sized down on) and this Cozychic Canyon cardi...trying to get a sense of how this new cardi is running. The pictures make it look too big on the models, and not very flattering. I realize it's generous and oversized, but by how much?

I'd like to order early before my choice sells out, but I don't want to order the wrong size, or order two sizes and deal with the hassle of returning one or both of them. I wish they would post the video of the presentation of Jen wearing it. Seeing it on the different Q models and hearing their sizes always helps. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

I wanted this one in the cream but the xs sold out. I got the small and I think it is going to be fine, it is not one that is worn close to the body, like a hoodie, so I think the small will work.  It really is cute

Deb

Respected Contributor

Ordered cream in my usual size. 

Super Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL They probably limit how many they pre-sell, so perhaps once it airs, there could be more XS available in the cream. But, you're absolutely right that the S will work for you, too.  It's a beautiful color.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

@1MrsT wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL They probably limit how many they pre-sell, so perhaps once it airs, there could be more XS available in the cream. But, you're absolutely right that the S will work for you, too.  It's a beautiful color.

Thanks.  The color was too nice to pass up on.

Deb

Honored Contributor

On another thread about this QVCBigDeal2, it was mentioned that the 100% poly might matt...is anyone concerned? The other BD garments have other blended materials.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the Big Deal cardi has a look and similar fit to the Cali cardi, (A342911) with the differences being the slightly shorter length, neckline trim styling and the inner double faced knit. Once I received my correct Cali size, I found it fit very nicely without being too oversized or bulky on. I like the look of both the Cali and the Big Deal.

The cream is very pretty with the Ash trim. I wish there was an Ash tank or tee to layer with the Ash pant. That would be a nice look. Hopefully, there will be something in the future.

I like the Camo but wonder if the scale of the print would be too much on me. At just under 5'2," I wouldn't want it to wear me. I'll look again at the video. I liked the darker Animal Print too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

I own the Cali cardi which is 100% poly and haven't experienced any matting. It's as fluffy as can be and it seems very sturdy. It looks good.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

I think the Big Deal cardi has a look and similar fit to the Cali cardi, (A342911) with the differences being the slightly shorter length, neckline trim styling and the inner double faced knit. Once I received my correct Cali size, I found it fit very nicely without being too oversized or bulky on. I like the look of both the Cali and the Big Deal.

The cream is very pretty with the Ash trim. I wish there was an Ash tank or tee to layer with the Ash pant. That would be a nice look. Hopefully, there will be something in the future.

I like the Camo but wonder if the scale of the print would be too much on me. At just under 5'2," I wouldn't want it to wear me. I'll look again at the video. I liked the darker Animal Print too. 

@rochelleS During the presentation Kari said the cream is accented with stone trim (cream/stone) not ash. I'm only mentioning this in case you already have something in your closet to go with it. I can't wait to receive it. I decided to pass on the camo, it's just not for me. Surprsingly my 2nd favorite has turned out to be the berry/maroon. I am a solid's person, not a pattern person, so I'm sure that's why.