Respected Contributor

Re: Question? Can someone describe the feel of SG liquid knits?

I wear her tops a lot and find them much cooler than a cotton t shirt.I live in NC..it gets hot and humid. I find it stays looking fresh when the 100%cotton gets wrinkly and shows sweat . Even if I get caught in a rains shower it dries quickly. I also own pets...no pet hair clings. It does not wrinkle.If you look in even Nordstrom and Neiman catalogues,many high end designers use a poly blend for tons of clothes. It does come in different weights ans sometimes Susan will point out the item is in a thinner or thicker fabric. I give it a {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

It is not a natural fiber..[LK] so it does not breathe as cotton does. I would compare it with a rubber tire.

Super Contributor

On 8/10/2014 sunflower87 said:

I know this is a strange question and hard to describe but I am funny about texture. For example I don't like some fleece things because it feels weird to me. I love the look of SG liquid knits and wonder how it feels and if its breathable. I do stay a little chilly at work but don't like fabrics that make me hot.

I know what you're saying about the fleece. Some fleece I do like but some just feels icky, almost plasticy. I only got one piece of liquid knit, a tank top, and I hated the texture. It didn't feel nice to me at all. It is hard to describe. I sent it back

Super Contributor

As others have mentioned - it's light weight, feels cool on your body. It doesn't get soggy when you perspire and stays neat looking all day.

What I like best about liquid knit (and similar fabrics) is that it's slippery ... it skims your body without sticking to you or other fabrics - so it's perfect for layering.

I can't stand it when fabrics don't slide against one another - like trying to put on an unlined jacket over a cotton shirt.

Honored Contributor

On 8/10/2014 sweet and simple crafts said:
On 8/10/2014 happy housewife said:

Liquid knit is 100% polyester - it absolutely does not breathe. when i wear it I get hot and sweaty quickly.

Liquid knit is NOT 100% polyester. Yes it is mostly polyester however it is not as heavy as a typical polyester knit as in a pair of dress slacks. I love that it doesn't wrinkle and the colors stay as bright as the day the item arrived even after being washed countless times.

True - 5% is a nice rubbery spandex.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/11/2014 Kathleen said:

As others have mentioned - it's light weight, feels cool on your body. It doesn't get soggy when you perspire and stays neat looking all day.

What I like best about liquid knit (and similar fabrics) is that it's slippery ... it skims your body without sticking to you or other fabrics - so it's perfect for layering.

I can't stand it when fabrics don't slide against one another - like trying to put on an unlined jacket over a cotton shirt.

I agree and I have many of her liquid knit items. They wear well and for me they pack well. I cannot stand wrinkles and I don't even own an iron.

Honored Contributor

I think many people convince themselves they like polyester clothing because they just don't want to iron anything. Personally, i would much rather iron my clothes than wear ones that make me hot and sweaty.

Trusted Contributor

Just Susan and QVC's name for Polyester!!! Hate it!!! Doesn't breath and makes me hot. I love natural fiber but don't don't mind a little spandex or rayon added to the natural fibers once in a while.

Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 Kathleen said:

Perfect explanation!! especially about it being slippery ... (I couldn't think of how to describe it, but you did it for me!) I totally agree!!

Valued Contributor

I love my liquid knit It is slippery and does not cling to the body I am never feeling hot when I wear it here in So Cal I have many many pieces and just throw them in the washer and dryer and they still look as good as the day I got them . However, I do not have any with embellishments on them as mine are all prints and embellishments on print are not my style. HTH