Honored Contributor

Re: Question? Can someone describe the feel of SG liquid knits?

On 8/11/2014 Tootie15 said:
On 8/11/2014 Kathleen said:

As others have mentioned - it's light weight, feels cool on your body. It doesn't get soggy when you perspire and stays neat looking all day.

What I like best about liquid knit (and similar fabrics) is that it's slippery ... it skims your body without sticking to you or other fabrics - so it's perfect for layering.

I can't stand it when fabrics don't slide against one another - like trying to put on an unlined jacket over a cotton shirt.

Perfect explanation!! especially about it being slippery ... (I couldn't think of how to describe it, but you did it for me!) I totally agree!!

I think this is a good discription. I only own one LK top but it is thy trpy of fabric I like to wear when it is very hot & humid. It is nice for layering, too.

Valued Contributor

I never buy the liquid knit.....I have seen it many times at the QVC outlet, and I do not like anything about it. It looks like cheap nylon and feels like it too. I know women say they are in "liquid knit heaven," but I am not one of them.

Regular Contributor

I can go to a name brand store that I like and get clothes just like the knit Susan sells cheaper without a coupon and it is better made. I just do not by her knits or very little of her products for that matter. An why does she have to have to have all that rushing on the sleeves and junk. Overkill.

Valued Contributor

Liquid knit is slippery and it flows nice along the body. It does not cling. It is not a breathable fabric so I do not wear it on hot and humid days.

It doesn't wrinkle is what I love. I can throw it in my suitcase any old way or roll it up and no wrinkles. They can be folded up to store and do not need a hanger. I like liquid knit except for wearing on the hottest of days.

I love it for layering because it is not a heavy fabric and the slipperiness of it means it does not cling to a jacket or a sweater. it is silky and very smooth.

It holds color very well and does not fade and it washes well and lasts forever. I have tops I have had for 6 or 7 yrs. that have been washed a lot and have not gotten misshapen or faded or fallen apart. It takes wear and tear without any problem.

I grab my liquid knits to wear more often than anything else I own except for my cotton t shirts on the hot days of summer.

Super Contributor

It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Respected Contributor

Sunflower, I think I understand your question. I'm a very tactile person and when I shop for clothes (or any fabric, really), I'm always touching things, and if something feels "yucky", it turns me off.

Hopefully you've found an adequate explanation here, but most likely you will just need to get a piece and judge for yourself. Some polyester can feel like silk, some can feel scratchy and rough. In my opinion, liquid knit is somewhere in between. I see a lot of posts about polyester being HOT, but that has not been my experience with liquid knit; it feels more cool to me. Read this excerpt below which addresses why athletic clothes are almost always made from 100% polyester:

"Have you ever wondered why the majority of custom performance wear is made of 100% polyester, instead of cotton? The main reason that custom performance wear is made of polyester is because of the fabric's amazing ability to wick moisture away from the body. 100% cotton absorbs sweat and dries slowly, making the fabric feel heavy. If you're playing sports in hot weather, wearing cotton will put you in a sticky situation, literally. Polyester, on the other hand, dries remarkably fast! This keeps you feeling cool during your workout. Polyester is also more durable, so it can withstand the wear and tear of daily exercise or sports practice better than cotton."

P.S. I agree that SG clothes are overpriced, as is most of QVC products. I generally buy only TSVs (SG has plenty of those!), clearance or lunch time specials.

Super Contributor

very similar to the original citiknits fabric, a bit lighter

Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Rottie_mama said:

very similar to the original citiknits fabric, a bit lighter

The original Citiknits was/is a ribbed acetate/spandex ... feels very different from the poly knit liquid knit.

Liquid knit doesn't have a texture. It's a smooth finish.

Contributor

It is thin jersey and it most certainly DOES cling.