Honored Contributor

Question??? Bob Mackie's Wide Leg Petite Length Knit Pants questions

[ Edited ]

C28F4ECB-B969-479A-99E4-B42D2A6069A3-2671-000003C700EC8085.jpegA13112
Bob Mackie's Wide Leg Petite Length Knit Pants

Are the newer pants made now with a knit that is not satiny? TIA

I really love the versatility of these pants. I own black and navy, both petite.

I noticed the reviews show that many, just like me, are finding them to be still too long and needing to have them hemmed.

There were also a couple of requests for white. Somebody has mentioned that they purchased them in winter white, which would be pretty, I think.

If dreams came true, I'd like these to also have pockets.

Would like to know if anyone has ordered these more recently and if the "hand" of the fabric is like silk charmeuse or if instead, it is a less satiny fabric?

TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Question??? Bob Mackie's Wide Leg Petite Length Knit Pants questions

They don't feel satiny to me; they have a matte finish.  I'm a petite and like a 27" inseam and I have to roll the waist band over a couple of times.  I also go down 2 sizes.  I'm not crazy about these pants but they do dress up an outfit.  They seem to flatter the tall, thin models only. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Question??? Bob Mackie's Wide Leg Petite Length Knit Pants questions

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

C28F4ECB-B969-479A-99E4-B42D2A6069A3-2671-000003C700EC8085.jpegA13112
Bob Mackie's Wide Leg Petite Length Knit Pants

Are the newer pants made now with a knit that is not satiny? TIA

I really love the versatility of these pants. I own black and navy, both petite.

I noticed the reviews show that many, just like me, are finding them to be still too long and needing to have them hemmed.

There were also a couple of requests for white. Somebody has mentioned that they purchased them in winter white, which would be pretty, I think.

If dreams came true, I'd like these to also have pockets.

Would like to know if anyone has ordered these more recently and if the "hand" of the fabric is like silk charmeuse or if instead, it is a less satiny fabric?

For me, these pants are the perfect size in every way.  I am 5'1" and the length is exactly right. Obviously the length of the pants depends on the length of your leg.  I like pants to be 27 1/2 to 28 inches in the inseam.  I find the fabric to be matte on the outside.  The inside is a little silkier/slicker. They are a very nice knit - stretchy in at least 3 directions. The fabric is comfortable - not too heavy or too light. I buy a Petite Medium.

I ordered these last ones in sand, to blend with a gorgeous BM jacket I purchased a while back. I wore the outfit with one of Bob's tanks to a rehearsal dinner for a granddaughter's wedding. Many compliments, as I always receive with Bob's clothing.

Like you, since I rarely have pockets in a top, I woud love to have some pockets in the side seams of these.It would be a nice addition to an already exceptional pant.