Super Contributor

Question - Are the high prices of the brands AnyBody and Barefoot Dreams worth it?

I have been watching for years and often wondered if the price is worth it?  Would love to hear your thoughts.....  So, for those of you that own either brand - is it worth the price? Is the quality and fabic worth it?   Thanks....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question - Are the high prices of the brands AnyBody and Barefoot Dreams worth it?

@Sunniegirl   I'm sure there are those that would disagree but I really don't feel many of the high prices of much out there is "worth it".  Yet here we are.  I have some Any Body items (pants)  I like them, they are light weight, but would I pay the increased prices?  probably not.  But I'm cutting back and just can't see paying inflated prices.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question - Are the high prices of the brands AnyBody and Barefoot Dreams worth it?

@Sunniegirl    When I first started watching Barefoot Dreams I bought several of their pieces.  However, I don't find myself wearing them that often and definitely think the fabric is GROSSLY overpriced.  It's not as wonderful as they act.

Never bought the Anybody brand, but I have noticed the prices have more than doubled since mid pandemic.  I don't understand this?

Contributor

I'm writing this wearing an AnyBody t-shirt! I wear their t-shirts and pajamas that are made out of polyester/spandex, and love them. I do not, however, pay the high prices for these items. I buy most of mine from ebay and have been very satisfied with the quality.

Barefoot Dreams is very soft to wear, but my first duster that I bought shrunk about 3 inches in the wash.( I don't remember if I put it in the dryer or not)  I've stopped buying this brand only because it's too heavy for me to wear. I use the shrunken duster as a top blanket on my bed to sleep at night! 

I think if you really are curious about trying a brand, do so, and then you can decide if the cost is worth it for you. I hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have some Anybody "joggers" which I find fade (black) more quickly than I like.   Yes, they are lightweight and come in petite that's why I have bought them in the past.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunniegirl  I really don't think of AnyBody being a higher priced brand it's the Q house brand and their prices are moderate.That being said, I really do like the line and most of the time they use nice quality materials and unique designs.

Now, Barefoot Dreams is in my opinion definatly worth it and I wear it all the time, all year round. It is expensive, but the look and feel of their items is unmatched and if cared for properly, will last for many years. For me, I live at the beach and I want to look put together but in an understated casual cool way, and this is that and more. I love too that I am supporting the founder's beautiful family by buying the items. Sadly, the founder passed away far too young before she ever really saw how big her idea became. She left behing her husband and 3 young boys.

It isn't a joke when the hosts say that wearing BD is like getting a warm hug because it is comforting, and yet so elegant looking. It is my most favorite line on the Q or anywhere.

Super Contributor

I wouldn't pay the high prices for Anybody or Cuddl Duds. I don't think they are worth it. As for Barefoot Dreams I have no use for this brand. When they show close ups of the fabric they remind me of bathroom rugs

Super Contributor

Thank you for suggestion.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you for that information, I had no idea of the back story...  I also live near the beach, I am glad to hear that the quality matches the price...  Thanks again..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@xryretriever wrote:

I wouldn't pay the high prices for Anybody or Cuddl Duds. I don't think they are worth it. As for Barefoot Dreams I have no use for this brand. When they show close ups of the fabric they remind me of bathroom rugs

😂. I also agree that Cuddl Duds is way overpriced.  I find it at TJ Maxx all the time for A LOT less.

I fell for the Barefoot Dreams hoopla and purchased every variety of their fabric at some point.  A lot, I did buy from eBay for way less money and they still had tags on them.

I've got the pants as well as tops.  I don't see HOW they claim to travel and look so rich in it because I'm ALWAYS a wrinkled MESS every time I've tried to wear it on a trip.  I've actually changed clothes rather than walk in to the dr it was so bad.