Honored Contributor

Re: Queen to St Peter and St Paul Church in Blue

Pretty and perfect as usual.  

Honored Contributor

I just heard a  bit about the pin. It is called the Canadian Snowflake. The  person talking about it says ,he didn't think it was a message. He said Angela Kelly often picks out jewelry to compliment what the queen is wearing, but he also said ,he doesn't know for sure

He said the brooch has a bit of blue in it  and it is one of 2 Canadian brooches she has, The other being a maple leaf

Honored Contributor

That clear blue is always a stunner on her, it's in complete harmony with her coloring and her general "aura", if I may be so crunchy-organic, ha.  At first I thought it was a straight French blue, in the photos, but subsequent photos (on my device at least) look a tad more toward the powder blue range...

Whatever it is, it's bang on for her.  Love the frivolity of the hat too.  Thanks as always, @ms traditional !

Respected Contributor

hi @Oznell   yes, i think this blue is a winner for her.  for me, the color is second only to her deep purples. which i think she saves for those days she is feeling particularly "queenly."  

Honored Contributor

Funny how she, at 93, can find the strength to attend church every Sunday and face all the cameras and hassle that goes with it and most people can't get out of bed to be bothered.