Respected Contributor

Re: Queen to St Peter and St Paul Church in Blue

@Patriot3 wrote:

She looks just lovely.  Has anyone else noticed that she always wears the 3-strand pearl necklace?  It must have some significant meaning.  She is amazing.

@ms traditional   Thanks again for your "queen" pics.

@Patriot3   The 3 strand pearl necklace was gifted to her by her father King George Vl. She does wear it often.  She also has a 3 strand diamond necklace that her father gave her. It is called the diamond festoon necklace. I read that she refers to it as her 'best diamonds."  

Respected Contributor

As ever, there was a water-tight security presence with police officers flanking the royal as she strode through the small Norfolk village

Respected Contributor

The monarch's powder blue coat revealed a glimpse of the paisley-patterned silk dress she was wearing underneath

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl   i too look forward to seeing what the Queen is up to every Sunday! with her smile and dedication to her church and her people,  she inspires me as the new week begins. 

Honored Contributor

I think blue is my favorite color on her.  

She's amazing!

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional   thank you for posting the pictures of the Queen. I enjoy seeing her outfits and the way she now engages with the public.  It seems that Diana's influence is far reaching. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

So many people handing flowers to the Queen.  Does anyone know what she does with them?  Take them home and put in a vase(s)?  Throw them in the trash?  Give them to a local hospital or convalescent home?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, she is amazing, and I love this color of blue on her.

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

She looks just lovely.  Has anyone else noticed that she always wears the 3-strand pearl necklace?  It must have some significant meaning.  She is amazing.

@ms traditional   Thanks again for your "queen" pics.

@Patriot3   The 3 strand pearl necklace was gifted to her by her father King George Vl. She does wear it often.  She also has a 3 strand diamond necklace that her father gave her. It is called the diamond festoon necklace. I read that she refers to it as her 'best diamonds."  

@50Mickey   Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional 

Yes, thank you for posting these pictures of the Queen going to church.  I agree with most that this color is really nice on her.  The jewelry, as always, is fascinating and beautiful.

I love noting that she wears the same shoes with most things, but it makes me smile.  These must be very comfy for her, and she likely has many pairs.  She's a woman who knows what works for her.

When I see her face, I am reminded what a beautiful young woman she was.   That never really fades.