Respected Contributor

Queen to St Peter and St Paul Church in Blue

[ Edited ]

before she leaves Sandringham after her holiday "break."  she has public engagements in the area this week - and on February 6 she will remember the anniversary of George VI's death. it is unknown if Prince Philip will also return to London.

queen news pictures queen elizabeth ii church sandringham estate royal family royal news

queen news pictures queen elizabeth ii church sandringham estate royal family royal news

Trusted Contributor

Re: Queen to St Peter and St Paul Church in Blue

She is truly amazing. I hope I'm half as energetic when I'm her age.

Esteemed Contributor

Elizabeth looks especially beautiful in this shade of blue.  Yes,

she is amazing for her age.

Esteemed Contributor

What an amazing life...what she has seen in her lifetime. Still, I do not envy all that is expected of her. My mother is 97, has had several falls, needs a walker, and sleeps a good deal, albeit sporadically. Even 4 years ago I could not ever imagine Mom going through all the duties the Queen still performs.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks just lovely.  Has anyone else noticed that she always wears the 3-strand pearl necklace?  It must have some significant meaning.  She is amazing.

@ms traditional   Thanks again for your "queen" pics.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

She looks just lovely.  Has anyone else noticed that she always wears the 3-strand pearl necklace?  It must have some significant meaning.  She is amazing.

@ms traditional   Thanks again for your "queen" pics.

@Patriot3   and almost always her pearl diamond stud earrings. i'm glad you enjoy this weekly ritual!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional  Every Sunday, I look forward to your posting the pictures of the Queen on her way to church, so thank you.  She always looks lovely, but that shade of blue is perfect on her.  I hope that if I live to be her age that I am able to be as active and engaged.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

the Queen greets those who came out to see her in the rain

The Queen looked elegant in a baby blue ensemble as she arrived for Sunday church service in West Newton in Norfolk, today

The monarch appeared to be taking the fresh February air, even stopping to pick up several colourful flower bouquets from well-wishers in the crowd

The Queen, wearing a hat adorned with green and blue feathers in the shape of flowers, looked delighted to be handed pink roses and daffodils as she bypassed the throng of well-wishers

she looks happy to see them all!

Scores of royal fans gathered as the Queen arrived for the traditional Sunday morning service

Respected Contributor

While the crowd reached for their smartphones to capture the moment, the Queen smiled as she received the gifts

Respected Contributor

The Queen smiled as she left church and was greeted by crowds of well-wishers who gathered in the small Norfolk village