Respected Contributor

the Queen is opening Parliament today and delivering the Queen's Speech.  a decision was made to lower the level of ceremonial trappings (the Queen dressed in street clothes rather than wearing crown, ceremonial robes). this is her 2nd speech this year due to PM May stepping down and then the snap election. she was accompanied by Prince Charles.

Queen's Speech LIVE: Queen Elizabeth II

queen speech the queen news pictures parliament imperial crown

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

the Imperial Crown

Respected Contributor
What a pretty color on the Queen!
Honored Contributor

I think her stylist does an amazing job .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen's Speech

[ Edited ]

She has really become quite the fashion plate in her older years. Didn't she used to, in her younger years, always look kind of dumpy..or maybe I'm remembering wrong. But now I can't remember the last time she wasn't beautifully styled.

I think she'll be queen to the day she passes from this earth.......because she doesn't ever want to see Camilla wearing that crown. They probably after all these years treat each other nicely and respectfully but I doubt she ever wants to see that..

Editing to say I just did some googling and Camilla, if Charles becomes King, will be titled HRH the Princess Consort.......as calling her Queen would not go over well with the public. This title was made up just for her when he becomes King.

Honored Contributor

Sad, no more ceremonial ritual. She looks like anybody off the street now.

Losing history bit by bit.

Super Contributor

I saw a brief on Twitter this morning and thought it odd that she wasn't wearing her robes and crown, but figured I had the wrong ceremony in mind.

Why was it decided to tone it down?  Becauses of Boris?

Respected Contributor

I imagine the decision was made due to the weight of the ceremonial robes and the crown.

Honored Contributor

Could be and I do think he will make Camilla Queen.