Respected Contributor

Queen heads to church at Royal Chapel

dressed in a pink hat, tweed jacket, gem brooch, she looks worn out from a demanding week.  is she praying or napping -  or both?

The monarch, 93, could be seen with her eyes shut as she rode alone in a chauffeur-driven vehicle to the Royal Chapel of All Saints at the Royal Lodge Windsor

The Queen,93, was caught closing her eyes on her way to church service in Windsor today, as she rode alone days after her son's birthday celebrations

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen heads to church at Royal Chapel

poor ol'dear.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has been a rough year.  I admire her ability to gather forces with her immediate family, step up their social responsibilities, and present a united front to the country.  She is the strength in the family.

Esteemed Contributor

She is tuckered out..................not in the mood for church or anything.  Darn alarm clock!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't envy her one bit. A nonagenarian should be able to spend her days as she wishes, yet the queen remains devoted to her role. It's actually sad watching her try to hold on to the very old values of monarchy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional 

Seeing this photo actually made me tear up.  Now, maybe she was just relaxing, but I wish there was someone to hold her hand and comfort her.

I suspect there are very few in that circle.

I'll bet her drivers and many others are deeply devoted, but what can THEY say, really?  Her life has been so very public, but her pain is kept private.  

Maybe in her daily life she's a pain in the a$$, but this picture makes her look very vulnerable.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me she is surrounded by pains in the ***.I think she has been a rock all of her life

Honored Contributor

Probably not a photograph she's going to be happy with.

Respected Contributor

Maybe she's just resting her eyes. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a good 15 years younger than the Queen, and I take every opportunity to close my eyes when there's nothing special to see or do.  My choice is due to dry eye issues which are not at all uncommon at either my age and certainly not at hers.  Maybe she's just refreshing her eyes.  Hope so.