Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen heads to Crathie Kirk for services today

The Queen does always look the same except for some variations. But at 94 the options are kind of limited and I think she may be over fashion. She probably just wants to look appropriate and have a kind of working uniform. 

Does anyone else love the name Crathie Kirk?!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

They all look wonderful.

I think she always looks the same - and that's okay.  She always wears color and beautiful hats.  She knows what works for her.  

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Oh I am going to get blasted for this but this is what crossed my mind...she always looks lovely and neat but to me, she always looks the same. 

Spoiler

yes, she looks like Queen Elizabeth!

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Oh I am going to get blasted for this but this is what crossed my mind...she always looks lovely and neat but to me, she always looks the same. 

Spoiler

@Carol Diane   Elegant and sophisticated people create a signature look.  That is what she has done.  Same hairstyle, same attire, etc.  They are not trying to bring attention to themselves.  They have it by virtue of who they are and how they behave.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday , not all elegant and sophisticated people create a signature look.  Some branch out and try different things yet have an innate ability to carry it off beautifully.  I agree they do it naturally but no, they don't always have to look the same.

Respected Contributor

Definitely her color.

Respected Contributor

for this Queen, i believe she has carved out her own style which comports with her responsibilities as head of the Royal family with a long history as well as head of the Church of England as she seems them. not too many others have that mantle of responsibility and i can think of none who are age 93!  i don't think she has ever been attracted to the designer world . she has always aimed to present herself respectably in her look and in her behavior. and i believe she does command respect. and having lived through the Depression and WWII difficulties, she is not a frivolous spender--her reputation is quite the opposite.

as to her wardrobe,  i think she does a pretty good job of using color to look fresh.  i can think of many at this age - and younger -  who sank into dowdiness.

as said before she does a pretty amazing job of juggling a lot of balls, staying high energy at her age. there has been no retirement for this grand lady!