Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Silvia is always dressed so beautifully!

@magicmoodz wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

She is the Queen of Sweden!!!

It's a formal dress and yes she is covered!!

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 4.59.29 PM.png

The Queen of Sweden doesn't mean anything to me.  I'm not Swedish and I never heard of or saw the woman.  If I saw the picture, I'd think she was a not too fashionable mother of the bride from a family with some money.

Seriously @chrystaltree?  Are you losing it?  Just a few weeks ago you stated the whole family looked like a bunch of Midwest farmers.  

Well, it's a rich Midwest Farm Family.  They own one of those mega commercial farms.  Did I really see this picture before???   

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

I think Queen Silvia has aged very graciously.  She always dresses so elegantly as well Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 4.44.49 PM.png

Never heard of her, never saw a picture of her but that outfit isn't what I call well dressed.  She's covered...that's about it.

Swissguy ---Aging graciously-does that include the very dark hair?!  

Valued Contributor

The silver ruching looks so nice on Princess Victoria!!

The Swedish Royals are so elegant!! 

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 5.37.29 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

I can't say I care for the silver ruched number worn by Princess Victoria.  I'm not trying to be funny, but my initial reaction was it looks like she was running so late that her maid did not have a chance to steam the dress.  Perhaps if the silver were a sleek charmeuse fabric it might look better to me.  

@Swissguy Thanks for posting the pictures!

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the dresses.  I'd like the silver one more if it wasn't strapless on one side.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Hope you all will excuse me, but I had to look up where Queen Sylvia reigns. Now I know. We should learn something new every day.

I love the Swedish Royals.... they do appear in the US papers from time to time but mostly in the news from Europe...  As I was born in Europe I follow them more than the average American might!!