Respected Contributor

The Queen was spotted in Norfolk on Tuesday at the train station for her return to London after her Sandringham break.  She wore her usual travel attire: scarf, coordinating coat, black shoes and bag. the Duke of Edinburgh remains at Wood Cottage on the Sandringham estate.

The Queen at King's Lynn railway station

Queen Elizabeth

Esteemed Contributor

I  don't keep up with the goings-on there.........why does the Duke stay at Wood ? and not return to London with the Queen?

Honored Contributor

He's either 97 or 98. She has all the burden on herself like most of us women she has to do everything herself.

Just hope her kids and grandkids cut her some slack. No more situations for her to have to deal with.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I  don't keep up with the goings-on there.........why does the Duke stay at Wood ? and not return to London with the Queen?

His health and stamina are failing.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt  he retired from public life several years back and enjoys being away from the stress and hubbub that surrounds the Queen. and he has certainly earned it after all of his years of service to her and the country.  his farmhouse is on Sandringham Estate so near to family if there, but nice and quiet otherwise.  obviously he has health issues and maybe chooses to enjoy some tension-free living.  i understand he and the Queen talk on the phone every day.

Honored Contributor

I have never thought the head scarf to look chic; even when Jackie Kennedy did it.  Looks like they're trying to cover up rollers.  There has to be something better if she needs to keep her head warm walking from the car to the building.

Respected Contributor

The queen is from an age where women wore scarves when they went outside.  So did Jackie K.  There is nothing wrong with it nor does it look odd.  Everyone dresses as they wish, that is why we and the British Isles live free.  (for now)

Honored Contributor

I love the Queen in her scarf. She looks great and it suits her.

Honored Contributor

I love to see the Queen wearing a scarf on her head.  Growing up I also wore scarves on my head.  I really admire this woman and how she keeps on the go.  She always looks lovely and recently her makeup has picked up and she looked wonderful.  God Bless the Queen.  

Have you ever noticed how much the people of the UK love the Queen and the royals.  They come out in thousands to see royal affairs.  I think it is touching.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Got to hand it to her, she just keeps keeping on.  It must be a difficult period of life right now.