Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Letizia of Spain - in pink

she looks amazing, and i love the shoes too! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Queen Letizia of Spain (left) and Spanish TV presenter Susanna Griso (right) attended a reception at the Royal Palace during the National Day

I think the dress is dreadful.  I like the black and white one on the right, though.

That's not Letizia's usual style. She's much less fussy. Much more updated and (the dreaded word) chic. That pink is awful on her. The shoulders are too much. Too much everything. 

Honored Contributor

She's beautiful.   I love this on her.

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Queen Letizia of Spain (left) and Spanish TV presenter Susanna Griso (right) attended a reception at the Royal Palace during the National Day

I think the dress is dreadful.  I like the black and white one on the right, though.

That's not Letizia's usual style. She's much less fussy. Much more updated and (the dreaded word) chic. That pink is awful on her. The shoulders are too much. Too much everything. 

I agree. The black and white dress is a better look. Leticia is gorgeous and rarely puts a wrong foot forward where fashion is concerned. I have to say this is one of those times. Too fussy and girlish.

Honored Contributor

Queen Letizia has a very small bone structure and the dress overwhelms her small frame. She usually wears structured, chic dresses without a lot of adornment...allowing her to outshine the dress. The color, the embellishments just are a departure from her usual look.

Respected Contributor

VERY elegant.  Beautiful dress.

Perhaps because she was meeting with religious figures she thought to have her shoulders and arms covered.  I'm sure there is a protocol for things like this.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

She looks lovely in the pretty pink dress. However I don't like the strip of clear plastic on her shoes. Otherwise, aok.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The color is very pretty on her. I think the style is too fussy ,and old fashioned ,for me to like it

I agree with you it is old fashioned. I love the shoes!

Respected Contributor

While I do not always "like" what she is wearing, she is always stunning. 

Pink lace is beautiful on her delicate frame and perfect for the occasion.

Respected Contributor

sometimes she is more tailored. sometimes not.  this is my favorite: