Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Letizia of Spain - in pink

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

She wears those shoes often. I think she's so elegant and has such classy style. I agree @handygal2 , I can see Kate in that dress too. The color is beautiful.

i think it is an updated, upscale version of the classic shirtwaist dress.  with the Spanish flair of lace and embroidery.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she looks beautiful.  Love the dress and shoes.  I think royalty should be able to wear those frilly styles.  Some may think it is old fashioned, but I think it's classy.  He looks very dapper, too.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

She’s a beautiful woman, and looks lovely. IMO, you need to be tall and thin to wear that dress, which she is. Princess Kate has the same body type, and l can picture her in that dress as well. 

@handygal2  - she's definitely thin, but doesn't look tall - especially standing next to King Felipe.  Regardless, she looks good.

Honored Contributor

Google says Queen Letizia is 5'7"

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

She’s a beautiful woman, and looks lovely. IMO, you need to be tall and thin to wear that dress, which she is. Princess Kate has the same body type, and l can picture her in that dress as well. 

@handygal2  - she's definitely thin, but doesn't look tall - especially standing next to King Felipe.  Regardless, she looks good.

@San Antonio Gal : I’m not sure how tall she is, but the King looks like he’s so tall that he would dwarf anybody standing next to him!

...I was curious, so l googled it: he’s 6’6”!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

at Spain's National Day in Felipe Varela 

She teamed the chic number with a pair of Steve Madden blush pink court shoes

She wore an elegant pink lace collar dress by Felipe Varela with sheer sleeves

Queen Letizia smiled as she greeted people in Madrid today as part of her country's celebrations

Queen Letizia of Spain (left) and Spanish TV presenter Susanna Griso (right) attended a reception at the Royal Palace during the National Day

He's only 51! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I think the color is too strong.I would have liked it muted.She is a very beautiful woman.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  A classically beautiful woman in a made-for-Royalty beautiful dress.  It all says she is not what you would look like off-the-rack.  I love seeing fabulous things like this that real designers used to do!

I think what interests us about Royalty is that often we get to see something truly beautiful, different, and extravagant that we'd never be able to wear.  Something that takes time, beautiful and unique fabric and details--and doesn't look like Hollywood, but it elegant and glamorous in a very special way.

To me this hits all the marks for that. 

Respected Contributor

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a similarly styled dress in blue at Royal Ascot this year. The updated shirtwaist style is very in this year. You have to be very thin and long waisted to carry it off. But if you are it is stunning. But Kate and Letizia look beautiful in this style. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Gorgeous!

Image result for 10 pictures