Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth - out and about with a smile

@stevieb wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Still out there working without an issue or complaint.

Nope... and no whining about mistreatment by the press requiring frequent vacations abroad... Perhaps a couple lesser royals might make note...

Yup..you got that right.She is one amazing hard working woman with a strong set of ethics and standards to be admired.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

She is just amazing. I don't think she ever puts a foot wrong

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh when I saw the Queen, when some women get that old they resemble George Washington or some other old guy.LOL  

Honored Contributor

It's good to see the Queen smiling and looking so good.  God Bless the Queen.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

She shows up,

does what is expected of her,

gets on with it,

no boohoos,

looks good,

hits her mark,

makes those around her look good

puts on a good face.

WAY TO GO HRH!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Yes, she looks lovely and she is attentive to her royal responsibilities.  Brava for her.  That does not belie the fact that other royals, lesser or not, have faced extraordinary opposition and invective. They also try to represent their country as well but they are human with human frailities.  Perhaps its all the organic food she eats, the daily champagne she drinks, her Dubonnet and gin in the afternoon, and her alcohol nightcap along with servants to do everything for her and her status as one of the richest women in the world.  I woul look happy, never complain, or show distress with that life.  She is not perfect as all human beings are not.  She has admitted some failings, and one of those was her interactions with Princess Diana.  As all have said, she is a wonderful face for her nation and its subjects.

Honored Contributor

Cool! 

I eat organic.

And drink organic/vegan (red) wine.  

Here's to another three decades!

Honored Contributor

She served in WWII, became queen when, at age 26 with the weight of the world and the height of the Korean War, when she lost her father and mentor.  She gave birth to 4 children, experienced many heartaches, divorces and much public condemnation for things out of her control and yet she maintained dignity and never complained and never explained.  It seems none in her family could even come close to facing the decisions and hardships she has encountered in her life and yet they complain and whine and cannot keep their lives straight.  She is still the longest serving monarch in the world to date, with respect from all corners of the globe.

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice to see the Queen looking healthy and happy after a few pictures last week where she looked a bit ashen.

I normally find her to be impeccably dressed, but maybe not here. I think her black accessories are too harsh for her outfit. But it could just be me since I have an ardent dislike for that shade of blue.😚

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

She shows up,

does what is expected of her,

gets on with it,

no boohoos,

looks good,

hits her mark,

makes those around her look good

puts on a good face.

WAY TO GO HRH!

i very much agree with @Drythe !

i don't care for that color on her, but she looks great.