Respected Contributor

Queen Elizabeth goes to church

this week joined by the Princess Royal and Jackie Stewart.

image.pngimage.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth goes to church

Shouldn't she wear a seatbelt, even in the back seat?  Oh well, I understand it's just a short drive to the church; Anne, her husband, and Jackie Stewart walked.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if she tells her staff what she wants to wear of if they give her choices from whch to select.  Either way, she always looks so nice.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr I just read an article that said the royals do not wear seatbelts for their personal safety.  If there is an emergency, they can get out of the car quickly.  I know that every royal has done some type of training to get out of dangerous situations and this is one of the things that is included.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

They have people to do every thing almost ,for them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ValuSkr I just read an article that said the royals do not wear seatbelts for their personal safety.  If there is an emergency, they can get out of the car quickly.  I know that every royal has done some type of training to get out of dangerous situations and this is one of the things that is included.

If that is true, that explains why di did not have a seatbelt on.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

Not wearing a seat belt didn't work out so well for her.  I suspect that the no seat belt thing died when poor Diana died.  The older Royals don't wear seat belts because they don't want to wear seat belts and there's no one around who can make them.  I read a recent article that said the younger royals do wear them.  It's funny though because everyone who doesn't wear a seat belt uses that same old time excuse "what if I have to get out quickly".  Emergency responders will tell you that the risk of iinjury far and a way out weighs the risk of being trapped in a car, which is very rare.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Shouldn't she wear a seatbelt, even in the back seat?  Oh well, I understand it's just a short drive to the church; Anne, her husband, and Jackie Stewart walked.

@ValuSkr She should!  And Princess Diana, who was in the back seat, would agree I'm sure, if she were alive.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

Not wearing a seat belt didn't work out so well for her.  I suspect that the no seat belt thing died when poor Diana died.  The older Royals don't wear seat belts because they don't want to wear seat belts and there's no one around who can make them.  I read a recent article that said the younger royals do wear them.  It's funny though because everyone who doesn't wear a seat belt uses that same old time excuse "what if I have to get out quickly".  Emergency responders will tell you that the risk of iinjury far and a way out weighs the risk of being trapped in a car, which is very rare.  

I used to work for an otherwise very intelligent man who told me that he didn't wear a seatbelt because if he was in an accident he wanted "to be thrown from the wreck".

Respected Contributor

Love the color of her coat.