Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth celebrates Easter and her 93rd birthday

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Who wants to go into labor or have to use the bathroom when your 9 months and sitting in church. Think we can give her the day off.

In this day and age, pregnant women are out and about until they give birth. Today is a very special day, both Easter and the Queen's 93 birthday.  Markle is fit and healthy, no reason for her to skip going to church for an hour.  But she did do the typical millennial acknowledgment,  wishing the Queen a good Easter and birthday on Instagram.  I think the 'private' baby may have already arrived.

@Harvard99 She could be on bed rest for some reason.  If she is expecting twins or dealing with a pre-natal medical condition, bed rest is common.  In any event, it is their news to tell, not ours to speculate.

@Linmo  I really believe she is perversely inclined to do the opposite of what is expected or deserved of her.

@Harvard99 We truly don't know (or should try to predict) what her motives are.   She might want the spotlight or just privacy.  As a mom of twins, I'm going out on a limb and saying she may be expecting twins.  

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@cherry wrote:

That late in her term, could mean anything. Her feet could be swollen ,and her shoes are too tight, her back aches. She was up all night ,because the baby was so active

When the child arrives, I am sure they will let everyone know. A first baby is a big deal, and the parents are proud as punch, and can't wait to tell people about it

I agree with you @cherry ,the last days of a full term pregnancy can make a woman miserable. Besides no two women are alike while pregnant.

I disagree.  Most women get a huge rush of energy in the days right before giving birth.  The day before my son was born, DH came home from work and bumped into a buffet.  I rearranged every single piece of furniture in the house, all by myself.

@cherry This woman was seen wearing  four or five inch stilettos in photos just a few weeks ago.  Who else have you seen doing that when they're 8 months pregnant?  I doubt her feet have all of a sudden stopped her from walking.  Or maybe she can't afford a pair of flats that fits?  Lol

@JaneMarple  @cherry Sorry, I don't see why any fit and healthy woman in her thirties can't get herself together to make it to a very important family function for an hour or so.  Something is amiss........

Eta..... Kate looks just beautiful.  She seems to get even more beautiful each year, if that is possible.

@Harvard99   Remember last year, Kate went to church and 3 days later Prince Louis was born.  He was almost born on Gan Gan's birthday.

@Nonametoday  You're right, I forgot that Louis was born last year right after Elizabeth birthday.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look at this like it's a contest between Kate and Megan nor do I think that any woman who's having a difficult pregnancy should ever have to be out and about.

But didn't miss a beat for all of 9 months and now it's too much for her?  To me, it says she obviously could care less if the British people like her or not.  

@Harvard99   I wasn't implying that.  I just happened to remember that.  

@Nonametoday  I only took it that you were sharing a fact, nothing more.  The rest of my comment is my opinion only.

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Who wants to go into labor or have to use the bathroom when your 9 months and sitting in church. Think we can give her the day off.

In this day and age, pregnant women are out and about until they give birth. Today is a very special day, both Easter and the Queen's 93 birthday.  Markle is fit and healthy, no reason for her to skip going to church for an hour.  But she did do the typical millennial acknowledgment,  wishing the Queen a good Easter and birthday on Instagram.  I think the 'private' baby may have already arrived.

@Harvard99 She could be on bed rest for some reason.  If she is expecting twins or dealing with a pre-natal medical condition, bed rest is common.  In any event, it is their news to tell, not ours to speculate.

@Linmo  I really believe she is perversely inclined to do the opposite of what is expected or deserved of her.

@Harvard99 We truly don't know (or should try to predict) what her motives are.   She might want the spotlight or just privacy.  As a mom of twins, I'm going out on a limb and saying she may be expecting twins.  

@Linmo  Please reread your last comment.  It's ok for you to speculate but not me......  I think not. 

Respected Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Linmo  Please reread your last comment.  It's ok for you to speculate but not me......  I think not. 

@Harvard99 I don't presume what her motives are, but you do.

Trusted Contributor

You're presuming her absense from Easter Mass was because she's having twins.......that's nothing but pure speculation. 

Respected Contributor

Let's just wish Meghan and Harry best wishes as we would any expectant couple. Heavens, one would think no one has had a disagreement with siblings or in-laws. The British tabloids are notorious and may be making things up to sell their "magazines."

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   Thank you for posting.  Cute pictures.  It is all so sad.  I hope all ends well for all of them.  Lovely people with a lot of responsibility on their shoulders in addition to cute children.

Honored Contributor

Those that don't like Meghan, will never miss an opportunity to make everything around her negative

No matter what she does, some people will never say anything nice

@Nonametoday  I understand what you posted ,and I wasn't referring to you

Honored Contributor

Lather, rinse, repeat...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Perhaps some people here should attend the birth, just to make sure everything is done the way it's supposed to be done. Even the Queen doesn't do that, but someone has to.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"