Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth celebrates Easter and her 93rd birthday

@stevieb wrote:

@Harvard99  Just be grateful that not only did she get the day off, but so did we... Smiley Wink

@stevieb  Doesn’t seem like it. Here everyone is.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Harvard99  Just be grateful that not only did she get the day off, but so did we... Smiley Wink

@stevieb   Yes, so true!  Woman LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  Doesn’t seem like it. Here everyone is.

BINGO! Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's see, third trimester and getting closer to birth. The symptoms that may keep a very pregnant woman at home instead of at church for the public to see.

Consistently tired.

Frequent bathroom visits.

Backaches.

Irritability.

Contractions.

Splotchy skin.

Heartburn.

Hemorrhoids.

Swollen feet, ankles and legs.

Pain down there.

The Duck Waddle.

Breasts that feel like boulders.

Perspiring too much.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@cherry wrote:

That late in her term, could mean anything. Her feet could be swollen ,and her shoes are too tight, her back aches. She was up all night ,because the baby was so active

When the child arrives, I am sure they will let everyone know. A first baby is a big deal, and the parents are proud as punch, and can't wait to tell people about it

I agree with you @cherry ,the last days of a full term pregnancy can make a woman miserable. Besides no two women are alike while pregnant.

I disagree.  Most women get a huge rush of energy in the days right before giving birth.  The day before my son was born, DH came home from work and bumped into a buffet.  I rearranged every single piece of furniture in the house, all by myself.

@cherry This woman was seen wearing  four or five inch stilettos in photos just a few weeks ago.  Who else have you seen doing that when they're 8 months pregnant?  I doubt her feet have all of a sudden stopped her from walking.  Or maybe she can't afford a pair of flats that fits?  Lol

@JaneMarple  @cherry Sorry, I don't see why any fit and healthy woman in her thirties can't get herself together to make it to a very important family function for an hour or so.  Something is amiss........

Eta..... Kate looks just beautiful.  She seems to get even more beautiful each year, if that is possible.

@Harvard99   Remember last year, Kate went to church and 3 days later Prince Louis was born.  He was almost born on Gan Gan's birthday.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Who wants to go into labor or have to use the bathroom when your 9 months and sitting in church. Think we can give her the day off.

In this day and age, pregnant women are out and about until they give birth. Today is a very special day, both Easter and the Queen's 93 birthday.  Markle is fit and healthy, no reason for her to skip going to church for an hour.  But she did do the typical millennial acknowledgment,  wishing the Queen a good Easter and birthday on Instagram.  I think the 'private' baby may have already arrived.

@Harvard99 She could be on bed rest for some reason.  If she is expecting twins or dealing with a pre-natal medical condition, bed rest is common.  In any event, it is their news to tell, not ours to speculate.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@cherry wrote:

That late in her term, could mean anything. Her feet could be swollen ,and her shoes are too tight, her back aches. She was up all night ,because the baby was so active

When the child arrives, I am sure they will let everyone know. A first baby is a big deal, and the parents are proud as punch, and can't wait to tell people about it

I agree with you @cherry ,the last days of a full term pregnancy can make a woman miserable. Besides no two women are alike while pregnant.

I disagree.  Most women get a huge rush of energy in the days right before giving birth.  The day before my son was born, DH came home from work and bumped into a buffet.  I rearranged every single piece of furniture in the house, all by myself.

@cherry This woman was seen wearing  four or five inch stilettos in photos just a few weeks ago.  Who else have you seen doing that when they're 8 months pregnant?  I doubt her feet have all of a sudden stopped her from walking.  Or maybe she can't afford a pair of flats that fits?  Lol

@JaneMarple  @cherry Sorry, I don't see why any fit and healthy woman in her thirties can't get herself together to make it to a very important family function for an hour or so.  Something is amiss........

Eta..... Kate looks just beautiful.  She seems to get even more beautiful each year, if that is possible.

@Harvard99   Remember last year, Kate went to church and 3 days later Prince Louis was born.  He was almost born on Gan Gan's birthday.

@Nonametoday  You're right, I forgot that Louis was born last year right after Elizabeth birthday.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look at this like it's a contest between Kate and Megan nor do I think that any woman who's having a difficult pregnancy should ever have to be out and about.

But didn't miss a beat for all of 9 months and now it's too much for her?  To me, it says she obviously could care less if the British people like her or not.  

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Nonametoday  You're right, I forgot that Louis was born last year right after Elizabeth birthday.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look at this like it's a contest between Kate and Megan nor do I think that any woman who's having a difficult pregnancy should ever have to be out and about.

But didn't miss a beat for all of 9 months and now it's too much for her?  To me, it says she obviously could care less if the British people like her or not.  

@Harvard99   I wasn't implying that.  I just happened to remember that.  

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Who wants to go into labor or have to use the bathroom when your 9 months and sitting in church. Think we can give her the day off.

In this day and age, pregnant women are out and about until they give birth. Today is a very special day, both Easter and the Queen's 93 birthday.  Markle is fit and healthy, no reason for her to skip going to church for an hour.  But she did do the typical millennial acknowledgment,  wishing the Queen a good Easter and birthday on Instagram.  I think the 'private' baby may have already arrived.

@Harvard99 She could be on bed rest for some reason.  If she is expecting twins or dealing with a pre-natal medical condition, bed rest is common.  In any event, it is their news to tell, not ours to speculate.

@Linmo  I really believe she is perversely inclined to do the opposite of what is expected or deserved of her.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Zara and Kate look beautiful ,in their Easter attire

@cherry   Zara and Kate always have this naturally put-together, effortlessly happy look about them.  I hope they get along for Will's sake.  I know he was close to Zara growing up, lacking in a sister, probably confided in her, so it would seem a healthy pairing.  

@Nonametoday - I too have read that William and Zara are very close. I saw a picture taken about a week ago with the two couples and their children. Kate was giving Charlotte a ride on her shoulders, and William was doing the same to Zara's daughter Mia. (Not in the picture of course are Zara's husband Mike, their baby daughter Lena, and Prince George.)

Image result for zara tindall and prince william children's piggyback ride

The Queen looked wonderful today. I don't know how she does it!

On the other hand I read that William and Harry didn't speak much to each other at all today. Sad to see them not talking and joking together. 

From ET: ". . . there was an obvious distance between the two. Harry arrived at the church separate from Will and Will's wife, Kate Middleton, and stood at a distance from his brother when the Queen arrived. In the past, Harry would walk in with Will and Kate, with whom he is so close, the source notes, adding that Harry feels like Kate is the sister he never had as a child."

"The source says the brothers are at "different stages in their life" and are "no longer the boys" they once were."