Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth Out and About in Royal Purple

@lmt wrote:

That's a lovely shade of purple. I don't think there's a color that wouldn't look good on the Queen. With her coloring I think she can wear anything.

@lmt  I saw one poster called it 'royal' purple-- seems appropriate !Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

We've had 3 Corgis, Pembrokes and love the breed. 

I believe the Queen has always had Cardigans, both wonderful dogs, same breed just a little different.  Cardigans have tails and are a little bigger and chestier.  Pembrokes do not have tails and are a little smaller.

Yes, they they can be nippy based on their herding instinct and this can be broken when trained.  Our first Corgi had this instinct quite strongly but was trained out of it (even though we could "see" her desire in her eyes).  But she was allowed to "herd" her soccer ball and was happy.  Our second Corgi only cared that the first one love her and that everyone she saw loved her.... didn't ****** anyone, didn't herd anything and although a smart little cookie, she only cared about the love!! 

The Corgi we have right now has this instinct in a very weird way and is stubborn enough (very stubborn breed to begin with) to concede that while we're watching she'll behave but otherwise she does what she wants.  She is our most vocal.... barks at everything and will stubbornly insist on the last word.... I guess we're getting too old because we let her get away with far too much (kind of like the last kid)..... LOVE the breed.  Smart, smart dogs..... Woman Happy

I love the Queen and love seeing how well she's doing.  I imagine she misses her dogs.  I think I read somewhere that her dogs are descended from the first Corgi she received as a child.  If true, I think that' wonderful.....

Thanks for sharing, I think the color is very flattering on her.... 

According to the article posted, the Queen has/had Pembrokes.   I always mix the two up; who has the tail, who has the bigger ears, etc.  I'll never get it straight.  LOL

Do you know if the temperments are the same?  

Respected Contributor

The Queen is a true patriot----in the finest meaning of

the word.

Long live the Queen!