Valued Contributor

Quacker Factory new style jeans -musty odor

[ Edited ]

I don't often complain as I am almost always very happy with my QVC purchases and CS over last 23 years. I just received 3 pairs Qucker Factory knit Dreamjeannes in 3 different colors.  They ALL have a terrible musty odor.  How can this happen with 3 newly introduced pairs of jeans?  I am shocked as Quacker Factory has never been  a problem for me.  Now I did not get a pair of jeans for Christmas which I needed AND I have to return all three pairs. (I had hoped to keep all three.)  

Has anyone else had this problem with QF?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory new style jeans -musty odor

@mia 2 wrote:

I don't often complain as I am almost always very happy with my QVC purchases and CS over last 23 years. I just received 3 pairs Qucker Factory knit jeans in 3 different colors.  They ALL have a terrible musty odor.  How can this happen with 3 pairs of jeans?  I am shocked as Quacker FActory has never given me a problem.  Now I did not get a pair of jeans for Christmas which I needed AND I have to return all three pairs. (I had hoped to keep all three.)  

Has anyone else had this problem with QF?  

I have noticed that black jeans often have a funny smell.  Did you try laundering to see if the smell went away?

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99.  You cannot air or wash that odor out but I've had good luck using this product.  It's a concentrate so I used about 1/3 of a spray bottle with 2/3 water, sprayed the garment, let dry, spray lightly again, then wash.  There's not a trace of odor left.

If you dont want to do this, I'd return them and mark then "defective" and make sure you're not charged return s&h.

Screenshot_20240105_174844_Amazon Shopping.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The name of these is”QF DreamJeannes “ pull-on slim leg jeans. Item # for petites is A629798.  The item # for regular length is A629793.  All the ones I bought were petites. They were a new item on 11/19/23.
Thank you Kachina624 and spumoni999 for your feedback, Appreciate the suggestions! I guess I will try to wash a pair and see. In the past others have written that this smell doesn’t come out. Will keep my fingers crossed…. 🙁

Has anyone had any luck in getting this musty smell out of denim pants or shirts?  Maybe use warm water instead of cold?

Honored Contributor

@mia 2.  As I said above, washing will not remove that odor.  Maybe you could find some specifically deodorizing product at the grocery store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Kachina624~Thank you for your advice.  I think I will order the X-O odor neutralizer that you suggested. Good idea.  It says it's all natural.  Like that!