Respected Contributor

Quacker Factory Q2 Big Deal coming up tonight.

I see the Bi Deal is dream jeans fabric, laced, crop pants.

Is this fabric suitable for summer wear?  Wondering how thick it is.  Thank you for any information

Respected Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory Q2 Big Deal coming up tonight.

@dulwich  I live in the Southeast and I wear Dream Jeannes during the summer.  I like the fabric and am perfectly comfortable in the hot, humid weather that we have.  I also like Flexibelle crops.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey  Thanks for your help - I go between AZ and CA so may give this Big Deal a try.

Honored Contributor

@dulwichwrote:

I see the Bi Deal is dream jeans fabric, laced, crop pants.

Is this fabric suitable for summer wear?  Wondering how thick it is.  Thank you for any information

@dulwich  Unfortunately, I don't think you'll know until you feel it.  I have tons of DJs in many different things and styles - from  pants to crops to shorts.   Some DJ fabric is heavier weight than others, although not by much.  I have to say that DJ shorts are the best I have ever owned.   And, although when I took my first pair out of its plastic bag and felt the fabric, I was sure they were going to be too hot to wear in summer but that's never been the case.  They are perfect.   So, my suggestion would be to give the crop pants a try.  The very worst scenario would be you wouldn't be able to wear them the entire year-round in California (where I assume you are headed)  but still you'd get wear out of them.   I would definitely take a chance on them.  I may get a pair also, depending on what they look like.

By the way, they are Dream Jeannes (spelled the way Jeanne Bice spelled her first name).

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. Do you know I never realized the Jeannes part was spelled that way and that it referred back to spelling of Jeanne Bice's name - makes sense when I think about it - - thank you for this bit of information.

I will wait for presentation but I think I will give them a try.  Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

I find the knitted Dream Jeanne fabric much too heavy for summer outdoor wear.  It's okay in air conditioning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dulwich  I watched the video of the crops and I'm not liking the length of them much for me at 5'3".  I'm also not that crazy about that lattice.  A pass for me.  If you get them, I hope you love them.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   They were a pass for me too!  

Respected Contributor

I really like those. I have a pair of cropped Dream Jeannes with rhinestone zipper details at the bottom and they are super comfortable. I just may have to purchase a pair!

Honored Contributor

I like them and I'm thinking of getting the bleached denim.  I like the lattice and have some old Quacker Factory crops.  I wear them on cooler summer days or in the spring.  I really like the QF pedal pushers and wear them a lot in the summer.

What I like about these compared to my older crops is that they are pull on....no metal button at the waist which can show through some tops which are thin.