Respected Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory Holiday show

@Pearlee wrote:

I was really annoyed last night because Jacque the host was doing the same thing as Jane does - talking about her personal stuff and not giving product info.  

I do like Dream Jeannes and was thinking of ordering the pair on last night but missed the first part of the presentation.  I wanted to see the new khaki color, which is a color I have in her crop pants but not long pants and was thinking of ordering a pair.  So I saw the rack hanging there with all the many colors, and thought they'd go over the colors one more time, which is the usual practice at the end of a long porduct presentation (in case, like I did, someone missed the first part of the presentation).  Jacque never went over them though.  She went on and on and on about all her rescue animals, when the color she was talking to mentioned she worked for animal rescue.  We heard the history of each of Jacque's pets and then she spent her last minute or so of the presentation, when she could have gone over the colors, telling people to post their rescue groups on either hers or Angel's FB pages to promote them (Angel looked rather surprised at this).

Don't get me wrong - I'm a real pet lover and all the dogs I have owned have been rescue dogs. But I wanted to see the new color, to see if it was the same as my crop pants that I bought years ago before there were even Dream Jeannes so I didn't know if it would be the same color.  It was coming up on midnight and the EZ pay was expiring (or so I assumed - I hadn't seen the presentation) and I wanted to know!  I didn't care about all of Jacque's pets and their history.  She could have just said all her pets were rescues and that would have been plenty of personal info for me.  What  makes her think the viewer gives a darn about her personal stuff? 

Hadn't they just gone over the colors again prior to taking the call, then showed the khaki color to the caller because that's what she had ordered? I know they went over the colors at least twice during the presentation.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Delo60 wrote:
At one point in the presentation, Angel did tell her to just be quiet. At that point everyone had just had enough.

@Delo60  Thanks.  Sorry I missed that!   I wish Angel had spoken up again at the end when I wanted to see the colors of the pants!  

That was not my interpretation at all. They were talking about washing instructions for the pants they were presenting, and Jacque said that they were hand wash, line dry (or whatever). Then she said that she had to say that because those were the "official" washing instructions, but that Angel was free to say more. Then she pretended to zip her lips (or the like) and let Angel go on to say that she washes them in the machine, etc., because she doesn't care if a few stones fall off the heart on the pocket. Angel did say something about Jacque being quiet, but it was in the context of their conversation about the washing instructions and Jacque not being allowed to say anything more than she had.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I was really annoyed last night because Jacque the host was doing the same thing as Jane does - talking about her personal stuff and not giving product info.  

I do like Dream Jeannes and was thinking of ordering the pair on last night but missed the first part of the presentation.  I wanted to see the new khaki color, which is a color I have in her crop pants but not long pants and was thinking of ordering a pair.  So I saw the rack hanging there with all the many colors, and thought they'd go over the colors one more time, which is the usual practice at the end of a long porduct presentation (in case, like I did, someone missed the first part of the presentation).  Jacque never went over them though.  She went on and on and on about all her rescue animals, when the color she was talking to mentioned she worked for animal rescue.  We heard the history of each of Jacque's pets and then she spent her last minute or so of the presentation, when she could have gone over the colors, telling people to post their rescue groups on either hers or Angel's FB pages to promote them (Angel looked rather surprised at this).

Don't get me wrong - I'm a real pet lover and all the dogs I have owned have been rescue dogs. But I wanted to see the new color, to see if it was the same as my crop pants that I bought years ago before there were even Dream Jeannes so I didn't know if it would be the same color.  It was coming up on midnight and the EZ pay was expiring (or so I assumed - I hadn't seen the presentation) and I wanted to know!  I didn't care about all of Jacque's pets and their history.  She could have just said all her pets were rescues and that would have been plenty of personal info for me.  What  makes her think the viewer gives a darn about her personal stuff? 

Hadn't they just gone over the colors again prior to taking the call, then showed the khaki color to the caller because that's what she had ordered? I know they went over the colors at least twice during the presentation.

I tuned in during the call from  the animal rescue lady  so I didn't see before it.  I didn't see tthem show the khaki color  or any colors at all.  They were talking to the caller when  I tuned in, expecting them to show colors again at the end of the show which happens a lot of time.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I tuned in during the call from  the animal rescue lady  so I didn't see before it.  I didn't see tthem show the khaki color  or any colors at all.  They were talking to the caller when  I tuned in, expecting them to show colors again at the end of the show which happens a lot of time.  

Bummer that you tuned in just a little too late! As I said, they had actually just held up the khaki to show the animal rescue lady, since that's what she had purchased (for her job -- she was looking for khaki with pockets or back pockets or something -- which is how they started talking about animal rescue in the first place).