Honored Contributor

Quacker Factory Blouse On Murder She Wrote

Anyone else watching Murder She Wrote - Wheel of Death episode on now? A character was wearing - I'm almost certain - an early QF blouse, complete with button covers! She was wearing it open as a jacket but the button covers were over the buttons and the pattern on the top part of the blouse is one I'm pretty sure I recognized from QVC presentations. The woman wearing it was the one who supposedly dropped her engagement ring (probably Diamonique!😄 ) under a desk.

@twinsister. @4kitties
Respected Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory Blouse On Murder She Wrote

Oh funny!  I will have to try to look up that episode and watch it.  You have a good eye!  I have been having trouble sleeping and have been going to bed earlier to see if it will help me, so I have not  been watching much Murder She Wrote.  

I still have two of the older Quacker shirts.  One with lemons and one with a Thanksgiving theme.  I have not worn them in many years, but cannot seem to part with them.  🙃🙃🙃

I also had several of the holiday sweaters, used to wear them to my daughters' school parties, as I was one of the room mothers.  Kids always like the themed clothing!  I no longer have those.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  - I watched a few minutes of that episode last night, but didn't notice anything like a QF blouse.  However, I was also half asleep - LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister. It was in the first half of the episode but not that early in that you were watching.

I'm so disappointed my two regular fellow MSW watchers weren't watching! 😴
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember commenting a few years back about an episode set at a carnival in which a character wore one of the original Quacker Factory white shirts with button covers. It was when WGN aired the show on weekday mornings. Now I don't get to see Murder She Wrote very often. Wish I could remember the design - might have been balloons.

Honored Contributor

Auntg. This episode was at a carnival! Thanks for confirming! I never saw your post about it.Not balloons in the design. I couldn't make out the pattern very well but fir the short glimpse I had if it my impression was something like fireworks. The background color was a deep red.
Honored Contributor

Timing is off I researched both and the episode is which is from 1994 and Jean Bice started in 1995 see blurb below

Bice, who started the Quacker Factory clothing line and first appeared on QVC in 1995, brought brightly colored outfits and seasonal-themed clothing to the network and garnered a legion of fans. The Quacker empire spanned television, internet and even fan ocean cruises. She also wrote a book titled, “Pull Yourself Up By The Bra Straps.”

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still xoxo. Yeah but she sold her clothes at a boutique (or boutiques?) before then. Her clothes existed before she came to QVC.
I still think it was a QF blouse.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@I am still xoxo. Yeah but she sold her clothes at a boutique (or boutiques?) before then. Her clothes existed before she came to QVC.
I still think it was a QF blouse.

@Pearlee  Her nic is @I am still oxox .  

You're right Pearly, she had a line of clothes before qvc.  I remember seeing a woman in a restaurant on Cape Cod and I just know she was wearing Quacker Factory.  

It's one of those things.....you *just know*..... Woman Very Happy.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm. And my nic is Pearley.