Esteemed Contributor

My dreamjeannes don't sit high on my waist. They fit just like any department store brand jean. I'm long waisted.

Valued Contributor

I'd consider it for something different to wear. It does seem like the shorts part of this is a stretchier piece but I find $36.12 too much for a TSV price.

Yep, I think QVC is adding the missing shipping costs to the price of the TSV's or any item. I think if this was a bit cheaper but even with the low shipping, we are talking over $40 with tax......I guess prices are going up but I'll have to see the presentation before I decide. I'm leaning towards NOT ordering it due to the price!

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/29/2015 Venezia said:
On 3/22/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/22/2015 BaileyBop said:

Won't buy this brand as the waist comes up to my rib cage. This company needs to step out of the "if Jeanne didn't believe in petite sizes" then why would we want more sales!

Me too...it's ridiculous that because one person had short legs and a long torso, the rest of have to do without petites. I now buy How Comfy; they fit so much better.

That isn't why they don't make petites. It's been explained numerous times over the past few years. They kept getting asked for true "petite" sizes (when Jeanne was still alive). Then, when they supplied them, they didn't sell (or they got returned) and they were stuck with the inventory. It was QVC's decision not to sell the DreamJeannes in petites after that.

If people really want petite lengths, then they have to buy them and keep them. As many other posters like to say, QVC is a bottom-line business. If something doesn't sell, they won't stock it.

Sorry, but that's not the story I've heard over and over. In the first place it doesn't make sense. QVC sells petites in all lines...why would Quacker be any different? Secondly, the story is that Jeanne said she had short legs, not a petite body, so they came up with 'shorts' instead of petites.

It's exactly what Jeanne herself said, more than once, when she was asked on air why they didn't do petites. As far as the information about Jeanne's own body - she said that she wasn't "petite", she was "short", but that was only to explain her own situation. She said categorically that, when they did do some pants in petites, they didn't sell, so they stopped doing them.

Obviously, times have changed and it might be a good idea for QVC to rethink it, but I do know what Jeanne said "back when". I never missed a show and I also had them on my DVR until I upgraded my system and lost everything.

(ETA: Part of Jeanne's explanation was that, some people ordered "petite" because they were short, not realizing the different proportions and that's why she felt they got so many returns.)

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 joy51 said:

anyone have an item number????

Sorry, joy51 - I posted the number from an email I got and webbie poofed it. No point posting it again, but it will be on soon enough.

Honored Contributor
.....my Dreamjeannes come up over my head. I tie them with a belt and then I don't have to do my hair.....lol
Esteemed Contributor

So tempted. Like the idea. I travel and this would be perfect. Old enough to remember this style from years past. Wish I had kept my collection. I am short. I often put a top over my pants as well as tuck in. So versatile I am!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I could make it work no matter how high it comes. Tempted, Tempted. But I am a AS IS kind of gal and betcha it will go on some sort of clearance after all the returns come in.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I think they're adorable. I just ordered the black, dark indigo, and bleached denim. When they get marked down or "As Is", I'll purchase the other colors.

Regular Contributor

Well I just saved some money! No skort for me. Seriously have not been buying much quacker in a year or so. Not into the embroidery and eyelet and scalloped edges. Give me a cute pant or top with a moderate amount of tasteful bling...not seahorses and flamingos, etc.

Contributor

I love the skorts too.

I ordered the bleached denim but I may go back for more.

The design is too cute.

I also watched the video with all of the ideas.

I am excited to receive them!

Quack

Quack

Frequent Contributor
Google "Quacker scalloped skort qvc". Can't post item number, webbie poofed it.