Honored Contributor
On 3/22/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/22/2015 BaileyBop said:

Won't buy this brand as the waist comes up to my rib cage. This company needs to step out of the "if Jeanne didn't believe in petite sizes" then why would we want more sales!

Me too...it's ridiculous that because one person had short legs and a long torso, the rest of have to do without petites. I now buy How Comfy; they fit so much better.

That isn't why they don't make petites. It's been explained numerous times over the past few years. They kept getting asked for true "petite" sizes (when Jeanne was still alive). Then, when they supplied them, they didn't sell (or they got returned) and they were stuck with the inventory. It was QVC's decision not to sell the DreamJeannes in petites after that.

If people really want petite lengths, then they have to buy them and keep them. As many other posters like to say, QVC is a bottom-line business. If something doesn't sell, they won't stock it.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 winamac1 said:

uggghhhhh

I actually think it's cute, but I don't wear skorts. If it was just a skirt, I'd buy it. JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I love skorts. I am 5 feet tall and I can make them work by simply realizing they will fit me longer than a taller person. I don't like short skirts, or shorts anyway. I will wait however. Might be AS IS sooner rather than later or CLEARANCE.

Super Contributor

Still puzzled about skorts. I'd never wear a mini-skirt. Would you? Only you know there are shorts underneath. To everyone else you're wearing a mini-skirt.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Venezia said:

Won't buy this brand as the waist comes up to my rib cage. This company needs to step out of the "if Jeanne didn't believe in petite sizes" then why would we want more sales!

Me too...it's ridiculous that because one person had short legs and a long torso, the rest of have to do without petites. I now buy How Comfy; they fit so much better.

That isn't why they don't make petites. It's been explained numerous times over the past few years. They kept getting asked for true "petite" sizes (when Jeanne was still alive). Then, when they supplied them, they didn't sell (or they got returned) and they were stuck with the inventory. It was QVC's decision not to sell the DreamJeannes in petites after that.

If people really want petite lengths, then they have to buy them and keep them. As many other posters like to say, QVC is a bottom-line business. If something doesn't sell, they won't stock it.

Sorry, but that's not the story I've heard over and over. In the first place it doesn't make sense. QVC sells petites in all lines...why would Quacker be any different? Secondly, the story is that Jeanne said she had short legs, not a petite body, so they came up with 'shorts' instead of petites.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That's my problem with any of the Quaker pants , they come up to under my bra!!!!! I agree with how it is said that Jeanne said she was short NOT petite, but alit of us ARE petite and would probably buy more pants if petites were offered. I don't get it, please add petites to the line Angel. I do like the way the tops fit though.
Respected Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Justina rae said:

Still puzzled about skorts. I'd never wear a mini-skirt. Would you? Only you know there are shorts underneath. To everyone else you're wearing a mini-skirt.

You are absolutely right! I don't get it either.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/29/2015 Venezia said:

Sorry, but that's not the story I've heard over and over. In the first place it doesn't make sense. QVC sells petites in all lines...why would Quacker be any different? Secondly, the story is that Jeanne said she had short legs, not a petite body, so they came up with 'shorts' instead of petites.
That's how I've also heard it explained.
Trusted Contributor

I'm short, not petite, and QF bottoms still come up way past my waistline. I rarely buy QF anymore (too blingy). The skort is cute, IMO, but I'm not taking a chance in the fit or lack of it.

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all into quacker anything but I do admit to having a few pairs of the dream jeannes - I love these things and wear them thru the winter often.

I just got my email early this morning for the quacker skort - cute but it appears to be pretty straight cut almost pencil skirt style. I can't imagine shorts under it unless they're almost like skimmies just to make the whole thing light weight for the spring/summer/into fall. It does have the same waistband as the dream jeannes so I'm not sure about how comfy this would be. Comes in 6 colors, really cute scalloped edge on the bottom with FEW sparkles. If I knew it wouldn't cost me anything to return it if I didn't like it or it didn't fit well, I'd be tempted to try one. It's the only one so far I've seen come in a dark denim and and light chambray colored denim. It's almost $32.00 - a bit pricey if you ask me. I'll be leaving it on the rack.