Respected Contributor

Re: QVC website crashing-high order volume

On 6/10/2014 LipstickDiva said:

This happens every single year on Easy Does It day. A couple years ago, it was so bad, they extended the 5 easy pays through the following day.

QVC has to have the worst IT dept. for a major business I've ever seen.

It also happens on the big events, like Christmas in July. It's been happening like this for years with absolutely no improvement. so I can only assume that it's intentional on the part of QVC and their management. It doesn't take years to identify an IT problem and remedy it so I can only assume that it's intentional on the part of QVC and their management.

Valued Contributor

I placed an order around 8:45. It went thru, I got a confirmation, but this morning it's not in my order status nor did I get a confirming email. Not a huge deal, just something I was going to try. QVC's loss.

Esteemed Contributor

All because of people ordering Chaz hair care??? Unbelievable!

Contributor

While the website was down last night, I called in and placed an order. Luckily, I had wrote down a few item numbers. Unlucky for me, I wanted to order a few more times.

The QVC representataive ( Paola ) told me that since they were experiencing issues, QVC would honor easy pay tomorrow. Has anyone tried to call today and use easy pay?

Super Contributor

QVC should be embarrassed. I can't imagine any major company (especially one devoted to direct sales) having their website down for 45 minutes during prime-time. What an epic fail.

Super Contributor

On 6/10/2014 LipstickDiva said:

This happens every single year on Easy Does It day. A couple years ago, it was so bad, they extended the 5 easy pays through the following day.

QVC has to have the worst IT dept. for a major business I've ever seen.

I agree. Considering that the site crashes every year, you'd think they would do something about it, but nnnnooooooooo.... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/10/2014 qualitygal said:

I was asleep at that time of some of these posts. What was everyone trying to order?

QVC had five E-Pay and the volume crashed the system.

Regular Contributor

I noticed this problem during the Wen show. I'm not a Wen customer, but I guess the combination of gallons and easy pay are a win win for the Wen gals. Three of the items I purchased yesterday have already shipped. I have never had items ship that quickly.

Regular Contributor

asked a orthoheel question yesterday and now I can't get switched from community questions to product reviews. It doesn't matter what product I try. What am I doing wrong? (I know it should be an instead of a before orthoheel. I'm just to lazy to go back and correct it!

Respected Contributor

One of the posters said she called Customer Service to complain and was told that the easy pay would continue through today because of the problem yesterday. While this fact obviously isn't being brought out to the general public, I'm sure it was not expected to be broadcasted but only known to those who complained. If this is true, why not call customer service and say you would like to take advantage of the extended easy pay?

(Mandylee (above) posts about this.)