Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC website crashing-high order volume

QVC's website has been messed up for over a year now. I knew the site would act up when everything was on easy pay. I didn't even bother to order anything. Didn't want the aggravation.
Super Contributor

Even though I never left the website, I had to put in my password for every item ordered, password, order, password, order, etc. It was weird.
Trusted Contributor

On 6/9/2014 Chi-town girl said: Did you get that black & white photo of the man & woman in front of computer looking perplexed? Lol...the guy looks like Tom Brokaw. And my phone order is still not showing. They must have a huge backlog of orders in process. Guess I need to call again

The man and woman were Rick and Shawn

Super Contributor

Yeah, I saw the picture. All my orders went through at least.
Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Vickie00 said:
On 6/9/2014 Chi-town girl said: Did you get that black & white photo of the man & woman in front of computer looking perplexed? Lol...the guy looks like Tom Brokaw. And my phone order is still not showing. They must have a huge backlog of orders in process. Guess I need to call again

The man and woman were Rick and Shawn

LOL LOL! I only watch a few Q tv shows. Not that familiar with Rick. I do know Shawn from IM shows. That's an odd screen shot for Q to use during web crashes. I just kept hitting refresh on 5 min intervals until the homepage was up. Wonder if this ranks as one of their highest annual single day revenue promo.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I was asleep at that time of some of these posts. What was everyone trying to order?

Valued Contributor

I ordered before work and had on my wish list the items I was going to get on easy does it day. I have had this happen before and missed out on items.

The beauty of easy pay I can try the stuff with only one easy pay coming out and if I like I can always pay it off when I want. You don't have to have it taken out every month after if you don't want.

I also got some good deals on the shipping by ordering it all at once too.

Easy pay works for me and I love it but I do pay attention to cost, shipping but I always have that list of what I would like or use often.

I got some hair and face products and a couple of tops that I now have in every color but one.

I already warned my husband packages will be coming.

Honored Contributor

This happens every single year on Easy Does It day. A couple years ago, it was so bad, they extended the 5 easy pays through the following day.

QVC has to have the worst IT dept. for a major business I've ever seen.

Contributor

I didn't get to order anything.

I had a long work day yesterday, and I was unable to get online until around 8pm. I had several items in my cart, but I couldn't check out. Then I couldn't access my cart at all.

I was too tired to try to go back and get the item numbers again, so I didn't call in my orders. I had several fashion items, and I had combined shipping on those when they were in my cart.

I waited around a while to try to see if the website was fixed, but it wasn't, so I went to bed. All of my items were waiting in my cart this morning, though, but easy pay was no longer and option.

I'm a little disappointed, but life goes on.

Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 HeidiB said:

I didn't get to order anything.

I had a long work day yesterday, and I was unable to get online until around 8pm. I had several items in my cart, but I couldn't check out. Then I couldn't access my cart at all.

I was too tired to try to go back and get the item numbers again, so I didn't call in my orders. I had several fashion items, and I had combined shipping on those when they were in my cart.

I waited around a while to try to see if the website was fixed, but it wasn't, so I went to bed. All of my items were waiting in my cart this morning, though, but easy pay was no longer and option.

I'm a little disappointed, but life goes on.

If you call, they might honor the easy pays.