Respected Contributor

Re: QVC should do an all day easy pay right before Christmas

On 11/26/2014 luvpoos said:

EZ Pay is a joke. Who wants to pay for 5-6 months later for items that they bought for Christmas. Not me. My own rule is if you can't pay for it in full, don't buy it. That's the way I stay within my budget.

EZ pay benefits the consumer who lives check to check or is close to being maxed out on a credit card. In my opinion, shipping and handling offers are more important to me than EZ pays. Most sites are kicking QVCs butt when it comes to S&H. Since Most QVC merchandise can be found cheaper from competing merchants such as amazon unless an item is truly unique, QVC is not my usual merchant of choice.
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC should do an all day easy pay right before Christmas

On 11/26/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 11/25/2014 sidsmom said:

....the same people who love their HUGE tax refunds. Another thing I was taught....I can invest my $$ better than the government can.

Well good for you. I have no idea how that has anything to do with this thread. You should save that obnoxious, run into the ground comment for February when posters start talking about their tax refunds.

Regarding tax refunds/getting large refunds.... it's like giving the Govt an interest free loan for 12 months. I try to explain this to coworkers who always brag that they will be getting large tax refunds. If you'd invested that 1000 refund over a year in a typical s&p index fund you'd have close to $1,100. The ONLY way getting a refund makes sense is if you aren't disciplined enough to invest the money yearlong and you put your refund check into something like a Roth IRA.