Contributor

Re: QVC's new direction in fashion

@Steffdoggy10 

I post here because I have a huge collection of Belle jeans/jeggings, Qvc tops & Clarks shoes.  Actually I usually post over on outfit of the day-- I post pictures of my QVC outfits. So yes I hang out on the Fashion boards and even while tending to my farm I like to nice. Me in Denim & Co jeggings & a Graver top. 

383518223_10210784428522245_4568395873912120172_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Steffdoggy10 

I'm not sure if it's a new direction in fashion, or just a bunch of holiday fashions we're seeing. Definitely more sparkle and shine items on the Q right now, but that is a big trend. My guess is they'll be back to selling "regular clothes" in January. 

@christikate 

Cute photo with your dog! 

I think I dress up more than the average person. That was true when I was working, and it's still the case in retirement. I just prefer more polished tailored separates over casual lounge wear. My friends, family, and the people at my church know how I dress so it's not a "shock" to them. No one ever asks me where I'm going or why I'm "dressed up". Sometimes I notice "looks" from strangers when I'm out and about. Maybe the "looks" are strangers wondering why I'm dressed the way I am? I don't care. I dress for myself. 

Regular Contributor

Yes I agree they have dressier clothes but their direction is horrible. They lost their best designers and the remaining ones are happy to offer outdated clothing at an extremely high price. I buy very little from QVC fashion these days and they don’t recommend them to anyone. Everywhere else I look they have more fashion forward, better quality with better price clothing. The only one that is somewhat ok at times is Issac and some of Denim &co. I think HSN is doing much better job with fashion. Whoever is qvc buyer for fashion perhaps should find their talent elsewhere in my opinion. For those who buy these clothes, I hope you enjoy.
Contributor

Hope Barefoot Dreams has outlived it's usefulness.  It's multiplying uncomfortably in unflattering and ugly "styles".  The colors are drab, boring and uninspiring.

And the prices keep going on up.  Go figure.

Valued Contributor

@Trinity11 - hmmm...  Many people in the world are still dressing for daily life in clothes other than atleisure.  I work in a Bank and cannot wear atleisurewear to work.  Pretty much anyone who is working must dress.  Haven't seen people working at the malls or stores or banks or office buildings wearing athleisure.

Valued Contributor

@On It - I for one am happy to see the matching blazer and pants.  Makes it easy to dress for the work day.