Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC's habit of passing off customer returns as new

@Maltichonmom17  You nailed it!   Absolutely no excuse for not carefully inspecting an item before neatly repackaging it to mail to someone else.  You can see how many people have experienced this problem by reading all these discussions.  What does that tell you?

Respected Contributor

My observance is that if it doesn't have that piece of tissue paper in the main fold of the clothing (and in original plastic package) it's a return so check it over carefully. In all my years of shopping Q I've only received 3 stinkers...one my pup was fond of because it had kitty treats in the pocket. Right now still having a problem with a makeup they sent that had obviously been tested (eye shadow mailed fron the RETURN center!). So far 2 months and 3 calls to CS and we'll see if they get it right this month.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

My observance is that if it doesn't have that piece of tissue paper in the main fold of the clothing (and in original plastic package) it's a return so check it over carefully. In all my years of shopping Q I've only received 3 stinkers...one my pup was fond of because it had kitty treats in the pocket. Right now still having a problem with a makeup they sent that had obviously been tested (eye shadow mailed fron the RETURN center!). So far 2 months and 3 calls to CS and we'll see if they get it right this month.

@silkyk  There is no such thing as a return center.  That is merely a return address for items that can't be delivered. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

in the 25+ years i have been shopping with qvc, i can count on one hand the number of OBVIOUS returns/damaged clothing items that have been worn that i have received. anytime it has happened, i have never had problems getting a full refund.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

20 Years ago I bought A LOT of clothing from QVC.  There were a few times I received items that had been worn.  I'd call CS and (back then) they'd issue a will call or a return sticker.

Once I received a dressy ( Victor Costa) jacket that came complete with a wedding program in the pocket.

My worst used product was from HSN.  It was a depilatory. (some kind of sugar and honey stuff in a jar you'd microwave then apply)  There was hair in the jar.

Contributor

I have received a few really bad items that should NOT have passed an inspection before being sent out again. The worst one of all is a pair of Denim and Company gingham leggings from years ago. I received this pair reeking of cigarette smoke and the wearer returned after wearing, because her "monthly" was all over the crotch of the pants.   ICK!!!    I really don't have a clue of how these were sent out without the "quality" in QVC. I was sickened to say the least.
Honored Contributor

@lulu2

HSN is the one with my only OBVIOUS returned item.

They were shoes! So much like hairy dipilatory it's obvious! AND, these were sandals, a piece gouged out of the insole!

If I've received any customer returns otherwise I've been blissfully unaware

Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@silkyk  There is no such thing as a return center.  That is merely a return address for items that can't be delivered. 

Well that was the return address on the package I received....I even offered to send a pic of the label to the rude CS person who didn't believe me when I told her what it said! If it's NOT the RETURN CENTER like it clearly states on the return address label (and the first time I ever noticed this) then why the heck would they put this on the label? I would not want ANY makeup product from any return center and what I received was obviously a return!.Perhaps Q should change their labels.

Honored Contributor

While I don't hear anyone saying your clothing is all guaranteed fresh never worn the personal items, like makeup and skin products legally have to be!

You're taking your chances in a drug store too! How many times have you seen opened lipsticks? Broken seals?