Contributor

QVC's habit of passing off customer returns as new

Do you realize how often this happens?  When you return this merchandise, remind the Q to reimburse you 100%.  Unfortunately, they don't do what they should automatically do.  It's not really a surprise when they just shipped out a return as new!  Until customers insist that they stop this practice, I doubt they will.  All those wrinkled items you get in repackaged bags (small print versus original large, bo!d print)...They were returned by someone else.  The worst I've seen is Isaac boots arriving in a smashed up interior box, which order also didn't include a Linea sweater I ordered, and they claimed it did.  Quality control and management oversight are abyssmal.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's habit of passing off customer returns as new

When you shop in a B&M store what do you think they do with returns?  Do you think they reduece prices on everything and make them now seconds because someone had them at one time?  If items still have tags on them and are in sellable condition they are still sold as new.

The same with the Q.  I think that returned items should be carefully inspected.  Those that are in new like condition should be carefully repackaged to ship out again.  Items that are beat up should be reduced in price.

Honored Contributor

I think any returned items should be given ' as is' pricing.

Respected Contributor

While I agree there is no excuse for badly wrinkled clothes (unless it's the nature of the material going through packing and shipping) and certainly a damaged interior box is unacceptable...... people must realize this is no different from any retail outlet. Dozens of people have likely tried on a blouse in a store, perhaps someone wore it, then returned it. It goes back on the rack to be sold again. 

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

When you shop in a B&M store what do you think they do with returns?  Do you think they reduece prices on everything and make them now seconds because someone had them at one time?  If items still have tags on them and are in sellable condition they are still sold as new.

The same with the Q.  I think that returned items should be carefully inspected.  Those that are in new like condition should be carefully repackaged to ship out again.  Items that are beat up should be reduced in price.

This statement always amazes because when you are in a store you can see it is a return and then make that choice to purchase and not have to spend $10 to ship and return.

New is new and returns are not. Shoppers should be made aware before they have it shipped to their home.

Like new is not new.

You can have all the like new items along with those of a similar mind.

Esteemed Contributor

I have experienced this many times.  I've actually received garments with stains that were not sold "as is".   I'm getting disgruntled regarding this matter.  At least if I go to a store I can visually inspect the garment before I spend my money on it.   I've never had this happen with other online vendors.

Honored Contributor

I have received many wrinkled items that I know are new, tops have been sent in those plastic bags and treated like "cattle" by the delivery service and arrive here and look like they were slept in for 10 nights

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Can you only imagine the price of goods if everything that is returned to any store in this country is destroyed or has to be sold as 'damaged' ???????

No more trying on shoes in a shoe store, try them on they are no longer new- sell them as damaged!

Think of all the winter gloves out there that people try on before they buy!! The horror! 

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't expect anything that gets tried on or returned to be sold "as is."  A lot of things are in perfect condition, but just tried on. 

I wouldn't want someone's obviously washed return or something that's been worn and smelly.  But something that's just been tried on I have no problem with.