Respected Contributor

Re: QVC's St Patrick's Day schedule & Irish sweaters...

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise @Greeneyedlady21  @EdithEllenLily  + all

Always love the Q's Irish shows and now have such a rich collection of the sweaters, so I knew I'd just be watching today.

Results from just watching:

Ordered two ponchos (connemara green and Atlantic blue), one boyfriend sweater (green), one Irish frame drum (Bodhran), Inis body butter (scent of the sea!), and the claddagh ring with sleeping beauty heart.

Interventions might be welcome . . .

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 9.21.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 9.22.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 9.23.27 AM.png

[Checked out YouTube for the Bodhran Drum, so many tutorials, inspiring, seductive. I play many instruments . . .]

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Mary Beth is on regular QVC right now. They showed a new brand of sweater called Fisherman Out Of Ireland . Very expensive at $198. 

It's by Blarney Woolen Mills

I Googled and their site has a large collection at better price with free shipping and returns. Gorgeous sweaters.

@Greeneyedlady21  thanks for heads up, I ordered that and then cancelled it, I'll check out their web site.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 I believe the sweater they showed on QVC was only available in ivory on the other site. It was cheaper than the Q price. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I can't find the sweater that was shown on QVC, I did see it this morning. But if you go to Fisherman Out Of Ireland and click on shop there are other beautiful sweaters. Hopefully those are US dollar prices.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Susan Louise @Greeneyedlady21  @EdithEllenLily  + all

Always love the Q's Irish shows and now have such a rich collection of the sweaters, so I knew I'd just be watching today.

Results from just watching:

Ordered two ponchos (connemara green and Atlantic blue), one boyfriend sweater (green), one Irish frame drum (Bodhran), Inish body butter (scent of the sea!), and the claddagh ring with sleeping beauty heart.

Interventions might be welcome . . .

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 9.21.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 9.22.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 9.23.27 AM.png

[Checked out YouTube for the Bodhran Drum, so many tutorials, inspiring, seductive. I play many instruments . . .]

@1Professor How wonderful that you play many instruments! I did not know that! That drum is beautiful. Enjoy it and your other Irish lovely items! I chose the same boyfriend sweater you chose but in Mallard Blue and Stone. I also ordered A305727 Aran Craft Merino Wool Long Button Front Cardigan in Blackwatch. Woman Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Mary Beth is on regular QVC right now. They showed a new brand of sweater called Fisherman Out Of Ireland . Very expensive at $198. 

It's by Blarney Woolen Mills

I Googled and their site has a large collection at better price with free shipping and returns. Gorgeous sweaters.

I've visited and ordered from Blarney Woolen Mills numerous times.  When I made the purchase in person, I had to pay a $30 (equivalent) insurance fee and it took 2 weeks to receive the items.  When I order online, there is no insurance fee and I've received my purchase in 5-8 days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@blackhole99 I believe the sweater they showed on QVC was only available in ivory on the other site. It was cheaper than the Q price. 

It looks like the their sweaters are on sale and they certainly have many styles to choose from. I would think the QVC prices should at least be the same price as their sale prices on the web site. I guess we all have to pay for the trip from Ireland and the 6 easy pays, whether you take advantage of it or not. @Greeneyedlady21 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99  I couldn't find the sweater you ordered and cancelled. Could have sworn I saw it in ivory somewhere. 

But the Fisherman Out Of Ireland has some nice choices. I love this color 

Fisherman Roll Neck Sweater seagreen 01.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Kat mom wrote:

Yes he is Irish. He has lived in Dublin and Roscommon. Maybe he was just not into fashion.

@Kat mom  - I asked one of my friends whose family is from Ireland and she agreed that it's rare to see someone in Dublin wearing them (other than, as your boyfriend said, tourists).  It's more "country folk" who'd wear them.

I'm not surprised that these sweaters would suit rural people more.  In any city, I think people dress up more and these are undoubtedly casual.  I suppose it's nice for the Irish companies that they have a market here.

Respected Contributor

Blarney Woolen Mills has the 20% off sale through midnight today.