Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's St Patrick's Day schedule & Irish sweaters...

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I just looked at the schedule.  Jane Treacy will be on the night before - March 16th at 9 pm EST for the QVC2 Big Deal St. Patrick's Celebration.  They did most of the Irish stuff last year on QVC2 as well.  The Big Deal last year was a claddagh ring.

@MezzieStarr  Wonderful! Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Labluver - Stephen Walsh, on his Facebook page, said he and Jane Treacy will be on Sunday, 3/17 on QVC (not QVC2) 6PM until 9PM for the grand finale, as he called it. :-)

Contributor

Just a FYI, the Irish people do not wear these sweaters. My boyfriend said only the tourists wear them.

Honored Contributor

@Kat mom wrote:

Just a FYI, the Irish people do not wear these sweaters. My boyfriend said only the tourists wear them.

@Kat mom   I have been wearing Irish sweaters for years. I always dreamed of going to the UK to see Ireland, Scotland, Wales & England and still hope to someday.

I didn't find out til last year that I'm 38% English/Wales and 19% Irish/Scotish...which makes me so happy and proud to wear these sweaters even more.

And I certainly am not going to stop wearing them because someone 'thinks' only tourists wear them. I highly doubt it as well. They are proud of their own crafts/heritage as they should be...just like any country should be proud of their own as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kat mom wrote:

@Kat mom  - Is your boyfriend Irish?  I certainly saw people wearing them during the 20 years I lived in England (and traveled throughout the UK).  I have close friends of Irish heritage and they wear them.  Wool sweaters are especially warm in rainy, colder areas, and the lanolin in wool helps to repel water, so I'm not sure why no one in Ireland would wear them.

What's the source of your boyfriend's information?

Plus, I don't care who does or does not wear these beautiful wool sweaters.  I like them and I do wear them!

Contributor

Yes he is Irish. He has lived in Dublin and Roscommon. Maybe he was just not into fashion.

Honored Contributor

This is the QVC2 big deal A351070 Aran Craft Merino Wool Long Open Front Sweater $129.96 moss green, navy, parsnip, soft grey, and wine

a351070.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

@Susan Louise @for anyone interested A291053 is on clearance for$83.26. Just purchased in green.

Honored Contributor

@Kat mom wrote:

That doesn't make sense. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Mary Beth is on regular QVC right now. They showed a new brand of sweater called Fisherman Out Of Ireland . Very expensive at $198. 

It's by Blarney Woolen Mills

I Googled and their site has a large collection at better price with free shipping and returns. Gorgeous sweaters.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"