Super Contributor

Re: QVC products on Zulily today

Afraid so
Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't implying "Z" was selling used and return goods - just that QVC apparently needs more than their TV shows and website to move merchandise.  Why do you take a negative attitude and feel it necessary to 'strike' back?

Honored Contributor

I bought a Bob Mackie top last year that had Bob Mackie photo/QVC hang tags on them. 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC products on Zulily todae

I've gotten some great deals on Carolyn Pollack/American West jewelry on Zuiliy this year.  All brand new and nothing wrong with it.  (Some of the items were still being sold on the Q for much more money.)  Items generally take a long time for delivery but well worth the wait. 

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Obviously QVC designers have cranked out more than that sells.  I could see it coming - more and more pieces of everything.  I noticed when suggestions on here asked for 50% off like stores do - - the Q tried that - and still stuff didn't move much.  Now they are dumping excess on "Z".  Also the reason the great designers left - with Q telling them what they had to sell for - and warehouse merchandise just sat there - - what was a designer to do.  (Find the EXIT door)

@fthunt  It's common, not just at QVC.  Talbots and Kohl's, as just two of many examples, are packed to the gills with leftover winter merchandise.  Common practice, as I say.  I don't know why Q or the retail store buy much too much in the first place.

It costs less to manufacture larger quantities. It can leave them with too much inventory they have to siphon out to other retailers.

Respected Contributor

@all wrote:
I believe QVC owns Zulily. No?

Yes.