New Contributor

Re: QVC pricing on clothes has gone overboard

I thought it was just me.  Thanks for that post.  Your are right on target.

Respected Contributor

I used to purchase a lot of clothes at QVC, I mean a lot. I first started because as a Plus size, QVC had the same cute styles as the regular missy sizes. At the time, I did not find cute clothes in the stores. It was nice not to have matronly looking clothes. Now, I can shop a lot of places with nice plus size clothes. I would still shop QVC for clothes but the prices are too high. Other places offer coupons and free shipping and I can get a lot for a little. I just bought 4 tank tops at Bealls of Florida for a total of $62 including tax and shipping. I do buy Lina and an occasional other item from QVC but that is it. Basics,no. I do wish the price of Susan Graver was down, now you can't buy a top from Susan for under $50 with shipping. I hate that, I would by a lot more if the prices were lower. HSN has some great sales and free shipping often. Evine has some nice things too and great sales. As far as shoes go, QVC is high. If I see a style that I like I shop around and can usually find it at a lower price then on QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, my orderering has gone way down. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Valued Contributor

@KippyK3 wrote:
Yes, it has. I've noticed that pricing on items in my Wish List have increased as much as $10.00 in the last few months, since the new shipping rates went into effect.

I have been working on rebuilding/replacing our wardrobes over the last year. I can't get out and about very well, so other than a few local stores, I have to shop online. I do a lot of comparison shopping and most things here are twice what they are elsewhere. To be fair, I have gotten some great things from the Q during LTS and in the Last Clicks section.

Recently, I purchased 14 items from JCP. With their sale prices and my rewards code, my order came to $123.00 w/free shipping, and arrived in 3 days. Everything fits us great and the quality is there.

Heads up Q.

JCP has TRUE sale prices - I just purchased three Liz Claibourne items, each was 50% off. They were items I really wanted (for summer ) - much better than any "sale" on the Q.

Honored Contributor

Every where prices have gone up.  I was in Target a few months ago and looked at some tops there.  They were 30 dollars.  Now 30 dollars is cheap for a top, but for cheaper made clothes?  I must also add to my last sentence, even high price clothes can be cheaply made as well.!

I think for the quality QVc gives on some lines, the price may be higher.  Especially when you add shipping.  Also, I think many of us have the shopping channel stigma. We just don't think shopping channel clothes should cost more than B&M stores.  Another problem is, what may be cheap in one area of the country is higher price in other parts . B&M stores often adjust prices in their stores for the area income. The same dress at Macy's may not cost as much in one city as it does in another.  With QVC it is the same price across the board no matter where

Esteemed Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I used to purchase a lot of clothes at QVC, I mean a lot. I first started because as a Plus size, QVC had the same cute styles as the regular missy sizes. At the time, I did not find cute clothes in the stores. It was nice not to have matronly looking clothes. Now, I can shop a lot of places with nice plus size clothes. I would still shop QVC for clothes but the prices are too high. Other places offer coupons and free shipping and I can get a lot for a little. I just bought 4 tank tops at Bealls of Florida for a total of $62 including tax and shipping. I do buy Lina and an occasional other item from QVC but that is it. Basics,no. I do wish the price of Susan Graver was down, now you can't buy a top from Susan for under $50 with shipping. I hate that, I would by a lot more if the prices were lower. HSN has some great sales and free shipping often. Evine has some nice things too and great sales. As far as shoes go, QVC is high. If I see a style that I like I shop around and can usually find it at a lower price then on QVC.

I bought shoes once at the Q but I prefer the store.  I use coupons and have a huge selection at my local store.  Q is very overpriced for shoes IMO.

Valued Contributor

OMG!!! don't get me started on inconsistant sizing, ESPECIALLY on shoes!! i sent back 3 pair this month. I have always taken a size 9M every single pair of shoes I own. now all of a sudden i am wearing an 8 1/2 M because the 9's are too big. WTH? and the clothes are inconsistent as well. after i order something i cross my fingers that it fits when it gets here. the quality of the fabric is horrible and cheap as well. if you look on practically every label, it is made overseas, not in the good ol USA.  that my friends is why the cost of everything is overpriced. cheap labor in third world countries, equals profits here .  Mathematics 101. that goes for walmart, target, and the other B7M stores.

Valued Contributor

B&M stores. brick and mortar stores.........sorry typo

Contributor

I have always loved the Q.....and there are a few items I could not find anywhere else...i.e.  skinnytees, and my renee greenstein pants that make me look thin.  That said, the price of tops has become out of sight.  I love the convenience of the Q, and the hosts and the designers.  I adore Logo, and have collected quite a few cute tops.  But, the prices have shot up a good ten dollars per item this year.  Plus the cost of shipping back and forth if it doesnt fit or look right.  Recently, I went to J.C.Penny on line and did a huge haul.....for around 100.00 for 6 items.  I use ebates, and that gave me 3% back, plus there was a 20% coupon on the sale items.  I was in hog heaven.  Cute stuff too.   I will continue to shop for my must haves as stated above. 

Honored Contributor

@BARBIE64 wrote:

I agree, my orderering has gone way down. 

ITA

My QVC ordering is WAY down.  Except for a few Logo tops, I won't capitulate to their prices for the most part. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"